1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-08 15:29:51)

Topic: What's THIS: "Keeping Up With 'The Chordies' " Or What? LOL

Now Dondra's in the hospital! smile

Nothing too bad - just her blood pressure going out of control and her heartbeat's in A-Fib (Atrial Fibrillation = irregular, rapid heartbeat which feels like a flutter in one's chest) and some chest pain.

I spent the night and the B/P normalized this morning, but it always does when they put her on IV meds. They just can't seem to get a "handle" on it when she's out of the hospital.

Be that as it may, we're "used" to having it happen at least twice a year. Her family history is heavy with cardiac problems, however, so we don't mess around when she says, "Bill, I need to go to the ER".

Anyway, it's 48 hour observation and if all goes well back home to start all over with the meds, new meds, titrating meds, etc. etc.

Please keep us close to your hearts and I'l be in and out.

Love Y'all

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: What's THIS: "Keeping Up With 'The Chordies' " Or What? LOL

Our thoughts are with your beloved wife, Bill. It does seem that a lot of Chordians are getting hit with health issues lately, but keeping up  in this manner isn't a good thing. Get well quick, Mrs. Strummerboy!

3 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-08 15:53:50)

"She Who Must Be Obeyed" and I. wink

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff71 … Vienna.jpg

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

hope  she  is  ok  bill

I love that name (Dondra, not Bill). Anyway take good care of each other, I'm sure we'll all be thinking about you.

Thick as two short planks

Bill - you take good care of her! 

Dondra, get better quickly!  Take care of yourself for a change, and take advantage of the time away from chores.  With a few sticky notes on Bill's forehead, I'm sure he can get a few of your jobs around the house done (well, in typical man fashion though, you may have to remind him there are sticky notes ON his forehead).

smile  Bill - those are not shots at you because of your medical history either - those are purely gender digs.  wink 

Seriously though, I call an official stop to all this hospital bologna right now.  Chordians belong hugging guitars, not getting stabbed with IV's.  Get better ya'll!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hope both of you will be ok by tomarrow Bill give her our best wishes please.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thinking of both of you and wishing you all the best.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

mekidsmom wrote:

Bill - you take good care of her!

Ma'am!!! YES, MA'M!!!!!! smile smile

No offense taken by the man who can hide his own Easter eggs. smile smile

I'll report back in later tonight and/or tomorrow. Got chores to do. After I rip this sticky paper off my forehead!

wink

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Criminy.

Good juju y'all's way, Bill.

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

Big hug for Dondra,

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/allis61/emoticons/bighug.gif

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

12 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-09 14:16:04)

Quick Update: The meds never did get her back into a normal sinus rhythm (regular heart-beat), so this morning she was "cardioverted", which is a fancy term for shocking the heart back into normal rythm.

It worked, but i was plenty worried. Another name for cardioversion is "defibrillation" which is what you do if someone has a true heart attack. You hear the docs yell "clear" and then you see those paddles.

Now however, this procedure has been "refined" and it isn't so dramatic as what you see on tv. She's anesthetized, and a cardiologist administers the procedure and he does this pretty much on a regular basis all day for a lot of folks.

To explain further, I have been out of the medical field since early 2009 and what I described above (the dramatic - "CLEAR!" part) is the way it was done then. As a respiratory therapist, I was often asked to attend in order to manage the airway.

So, Dondra is fine, some new meds were ordered, others were stopped, and still some others had their dosages changed.

What is worrisome is that this time the cardiac IV didn't bounce her back into a normal rhythm and I am hoping that if she goes into A-Fib again, that the IV meds will work and that her heart muscle won't need shocking every time.

She thanks  all our friends for your thoughts, that "cute" hug above and prayers and wants Amy to know she has me on a pretty short leash as far as the chores are concerned. smile

Hopefully, she'l get to come home tomorrow, but when a new cardiac drug is ordered, it usually takes about three days to monitor the patient for adverse effects.

As for me, I need to catch up on some sleep, so our son Jason will be "standing watch" tonight.

Again, thanks and we love our Chordie friends very much!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Oh, my goodness...

Well, here's hoping that all gets straightened out without much more hassle, and that she's home relaxing soon.

You make sure to take care of you in the interim, Bill.

Continued good juju y'all's way.

RIP Bowie

14 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-07-09 15:18:16)

Bill ... thanks so much for taking the time to give us all a detailed report. There are a lot of concerned souls amongst us, and we're glad some progress is being made. May you and Dondra be granted strength to heal & to endure.

Damn Bill, I feel bad. Take good care of her and I wish youboth the best. Hang in there buddy

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I like the line about being able to hide your own Easter eggs, I do it with the car keys. Be sure to let us know the moment Dondra's out of hospital. Wishing both of you the best of luck.

Thick as two short planks

keepitreal wrote:

I like the line about being able to hide your own Easter eggs, I do it with the car keys. Be sure to let us know the moment Dondra's out of hospital. Wishing both of you the best of luck.

Ditto!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

you'd think as the wife of a drummer she'd have a sense of rhythm?   sorry bad joke, wishing your fine lady all the very best and yes we all seem to be coming down with something or other. be well my friend

phill and misses phill (ann)

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thanks for the update.

Best wishes to you and the Mrs.

I don't know much about much, but are they considering a pace maker at all?  That's the same thing they do, kinda, isn't it?  Hopefully the shock was enough to keep her ticker ticking right for a while anyhow.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Ya'll are in our thoughts.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Bill, sorry I haven't responded to this post sooner but I, too, wish your wife all the best. Like Dondra, I also, have a-fib and all the nasty side affects that go along with it. Last year my cardio doctor stopped my heart then shocked it to bring it back into rythem. It lasted almost 3 days. I may not know all she is going through but I know she ain't having any fun. Take care of her and know that there are some good meds out there that can / will help. Also, a good cardio doctor is a good thing to have. Take care.

Nela

Bill you are going too have too clean up all your candy and fast food wrappers before Dondra gets home.

23 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-11 14:47:10)

Hey, Dino and everyone.

I had to smile when I read the above, my friend, because for once, the wrappers were left at the hospital. I spent most of my time there and only slept a little here. I do have a mountain of dishes and clothes to wash, however, but I'll get to those in the morning.

Well, we're home. The discharge process took 4 hours, due to almost every department in the hospital having to make an appearance with papers to sign, speeches to give, etc. etc. We finally rolled out of there at about 4 pm. Then guess what happened???

Dondra just had to go get her hair done at her Nieces' shop....... then her brother wanted to take her out to eat for her birthday, which is tomorrow........ then she came home and informed me she had to work 4 hours at her job as a respiratory therapist in her hospital tomorrowl........ right after having had a-fib and being in the hospital for three days.

Well my friends, at that point I felt like I had to put my foot down and man up, as they say, so I said, "If I may be so bold, I'd like to suggest you get that sexy little butt in the bed and keep it there until I say different."

After closing her mouth several times, she did as I said, this lady I call "She Who Must Be Obeyed" and that's where she is right now as I type this.

We both want to thank our family here for all the well-wishes, the thoughts, the prayers and of course, the juju, and as soon as we recover a bit more, she wants to write a note to everyone.

To answer Amy's question: A pacemaker was discussed at one of the times I was home gathering "supplies", and she was told that because her problem seems to be chronic, that is the next step if the new cardio meds don't keep her in sinus rhythm.

We love you all and thank you for being the caring and loving folks y'all are!

Bill and "She Who Must Be Obeyed"

EDITED: On accounta I wrote sexy "ass" in the first version of this and SWMBO didn't like it. She's a true "Southern Belle" and will not abide this kind of language. Especially when referring to her ----- butt.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

24 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-11 01:44:58)

NELA wrote:

Bill, sorry I haven't responded to this post sooner but I, too, wish your wife all the best. Like Dondra, I also, have a-fib and all the nasty side affects that go along with it. Last year my cardio doctor stopped my heart then shocked it to bring it back into rythem. It lasted almost 3 days. I may not know all she is going through but I know she ain't having any fun. Take care of her and know that there are some good meds out there that can / will help. Also, a good cardio doctor is a good thing to have. Take care.

Nela

And here is an example of a  wonderful guy caught in the act of thinking of others' welfare before his own. NELA my friend, how are you doing????

You know, every time I read and/or respond to one of your posts here, I think to myself, "Why haven't you met this guy face to face???"

So if it's okay with you and if I am not overstepping the bounds of going from internet friendship to the "real-life" kind, would this be okay?

Once you recover and feel much, much better perhaps we can have a 4-person mini-Chordfest of our own one weekend? SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) and I have not had a vacation since we remarried in May of 2009, and I mentioned to her nurses and docs, that it seems like we have to use our hospital time as our vacation! smile

Please continue to recover, improve and most of all, if there's anything we can do, let D and  I know, and it shall be done.

Your friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

She's home!! SHE'S HOME!!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0E7Jkm99BXA/UvfMKupnm_I/AAAAAAAABl4/nzR6Lm_l4gQ/s1600/kermitflailing.gif

HUZZAH!!!

Excellent! Such good news!

RIP Bowie