Topic: No guitar backing tracks.

Hi everyone!
I've been playing the guitar now for 2 years and surprisingly i'm not as crap as I expected to be after 2 years hence I can strum along with many a tune.
The problem I have is the tunes I do know I want to be the only guitar I can hear when I play along with my cd.
So my question is is there a company out there I can send a list of my favourite tracks to edit the guitar? I know there are lots of karaoke backing tracks available but I don't want the vocals editing, I just want the guitar editing. I really just want to fill the gap with my own guitar playing then maybe after a couple more years I may pluck up the confidence to sing god help me!
Cheers.
John.

Re: No guitar backing tracks.

Hi John,

As you have found there are plenty of midi files available. If you obtain a programme like Cubasis (there must be others but this is the one I know) you can edit the midi file yourself and remove the tracks you do not want.

I have used a few midi files and removed the melody line to use as a backing track and changed the key and tempo to suit me. If you do go down this road and change the key remember not to change the key of the drums or it will sound odd.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks very much Roger. I'll give that a try.
John.

http://www.fivefeathers.com/   Try this website...they have a series of CDs called Band in a Pocket. I've got some for guitar and bass playing...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.