Topic: destiny ?

ok here's another one contemplating life, I hate trying to name songs some are obvious others not so much open to suggestions

https://soundcloud.com/mojo01/destiny-1

(Em) when tomorrow turns to (G)yesterday
(D)and all your dreams have faded in(C) the haze

now your standing in the cross road
and your wondering where did all the time go

they say life is to short
your faith becomes your last resort

and in life's grand design
did you falter did you waste your time

I am just a lonely man
with an old guitar in my hand

I hope that God forgives
wont hold a grudge for the life I've lived

no one knows where the road will end
when I get there I hope I see you again

(Em)if only things in life
(G) were all in black and white
(D) no mistake between
(C) wrong and right

(Em)and when your times at end
(G)maybe only then
(D)the truth will come shining thru
(C)and God will talk to you

(Em) it then you realize
(G) when destiny arrives
(D) what's been truth and lies
(C) and what's deceived your
(Em) eyes

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Re: destiny ?

well done nice song and melody. i agree wholeheartedly with the first two verses as i worked in a factory for 20 years doing 12 hour shifts and gigging at weekends. when i started my kids were babies then one day i woke-up and they were taller than me with kids of their own. sad but true. and again great song.

my suggestion?  where did the years go

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I really like it,keep up the good writing.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Mojo,
Ditto bothe above !
Excellent
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I like this ,in my head I hear a live version with the band joining in about half way and a really strong solo then back to acoustic at the end

You know, the hubster and I were just talking about how there's probably a lot more people on this forum that know their stuff, are pro or semi-pro, or could be, than we really think (and we dont really fit in that group lol). Mojo, I feel you fit in that group.  Great song. Nice playing. Good voice.  Do you play out?  smile

Mekidsmom and mekidsdad

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

thanks for the compliments

Mekidsmom , if by playing out you mean in public , no just with friends and get togethers

Interesting song, Mojo. I like it.

Have you thought of repeating the

I am just a lonely man

I hope that God forgives

section, and using it as a chorus?

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

9 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-11 15:08:45)

Mo's "been reading my mail". smile What a well-written and performed tune, my friend!!!! 

You really make those minor keys work for you, don'tcha? I find that songs in minor keys played the way you played this one really "clue" the audience that something personal is being sung about, which may or may not be the case here - just my opinion. Thanks for sharing this with us, buddy and I agree with Amy: Why are you not performing live?

A word about my opening sentence: It's not my quote and I have been remiss in not giving attribution. It belongs to Kris Kristofferson and he said it about Jerry Jeff Walker, I believe. So, apologies to Kris and kudos to Mo'! smile

Thanks!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Cocktailsfor2 wrote:

Interesting song, Mojo. I like it.

Have you thought of repeating the

I am just a lonely man

I hope that God forgives

section, and using it as a chorus?

that's a good idea I was looking for a chorus just couldn't come up with anything maybe add a few lines and make that the chorus. I will tinker with that when we get back from vacation in a week

Nice one Joe well recorded.
I guess most people of a certain age would empathise with your lyrics reminds me of song I did a while back called "Where did it all go"
Well done
Tony

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Mo's "been reading my mail". smile What a well-written and performed tune, my friend!!!! 

You really make those minor keys work for you, don'tcha? I find that songs in minor keys played the way you played this one really "clue" the audience that something personal is being sung about, which may or may not be the case here - just my opinion. Thanks for sharing this with us, buddy and I agree with Amy: Why are you not performing live?

A word about my opening sentence: It's not my quote and I have been remiss in not giving attribution. It belongs to Kris Kristofferson and he said it about Jerry Jeff Walker, I believe. So, apologies to Kris and kudos to Mo'! smile

Thanks!

Bill

why am I not performing live? I never really thought I had the talent for it. opportunity has never came along. this is the first place ive ever put any of my stuff out the public other than a few close friends. I started posting here out of curiosity to see what other people (besides friends) thought about my songs, not so much my singing them but the songs them self's. am I the only one who hears their self sing and cringe?

Great song. well done. really enjoyed it.