1 (edited by unhhuh 2015-07-11 14:41:29)

Topic: Ain't No Honor

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Embrace what you love.
Start with you.
Do the next right thing.

Re: Ain't No Honor

I really like the message, Unhuh!  I'll let you "regale" us with the tune however. It's got that much-feared B and B7. smile

You didn't include a link, though, and I didn't find it on YT. Any chance of you favoring us - either solo or with The Yeah Whatever's?

We haven't "met" here, so I'm Strummerboy Bill. Just think of me as a "Wal-Mart Greeter" and  that should describe me pretty well.

Hope I don't offend you, but when I read the words to this one, it reminds me of something Barry McGuire might sing.

Thanks for the share!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

3 (edited by unhhuh 2015-07-11 18:28:25)

Thank you.

I'll post up a rough cut today or tomorrow.

I grew up hearing Eve of Destruction occasionally as a kid.  It's been a long time since I heard it, and I had not known the artist singing it.  Thank you for that as well.

I live right next to the home of the largest  bomb wing on the planet.

I'm not a big fan of Peace the Old Fashioned Way, as they say it out on the base...

Just not my style.

That's where part of the song comes from, the other part from personal revulsion.  I don't enjoy hurting others.

Embrace what you love.
Start with you.
Do the next right thing.

While serving in the USAF, I was stationed on a SAC Base in Minot, ND - since closed or changed to a Tactical Fighter Wing. That motto was "Peace Is Our Profession". smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

My father was Army Security Agency.  Full military scholarship at Texas A&M back in the 50's.

He instilled non-violence wherever he went.  He abhored the use of violence, and would only use it as a very last resort.

As a child, our yard was the place to run if you were about to get beat down; for the rule in our yard was absolutely no fighting.

My mom would come out and spray any kids with the water hose that continued.

To this day, all my neighbors know me as a peaceful man.  They also know that I do not believe that there is any such thing as a fair fight.  They also know that means I fight for only one reason, and would use any means necessary to achielve that goal.

Because there is no such thing as a fair fight; that's just sparring.

Embrace what you love.
Start with you.
Do the next right thing.

unhhuh wrote:

That's where part of the song comes from, the other part from personal revulsion.  I don't enjoy hurting others.

I totally respect that, unhhuh, and thank you for telling us a little about yourself. I look forward to listening to this song whenever you get a chance. smile

Is the name of your band really "Yeah And The Whatevers"? Because that's a totally cool name. Either that or you have teenagers in your house? wink

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

7 (edited by unhhuh 2015-07-11 18:32:15)

Unh Huh and the Yeah Whatevers is the name that I use whenever I perform, no matter whom is backing me up.

I figure it covers a lot of ground.

The name of my first collection of songs was/is No Mo Cheese Mo.

I really don't like pretentoius ca-ca.

My tounge is often planted firmly in my cheek.

It seems to work better than just sticking it out and going... Nanny nanny Boo boo.  Heh.

I haven't named this next group of songs yet.

I love David Byrne and the Talking Heads, the Tedeschi Trucks Band, Lyle Lovett and his Large Band, and Tom Waits, among many, many others; names, lyrics and music.  Just a few off of the top of my head.  Got any faves that influence your music/writing?

Currently listening to Dixie Chicks with my honey.

Embrace what you love.
Start with you.
Do the next right thing.