1 (edited by dino48 2015-07-16 01:06:00)

Topic: Rugby games

I spent awile watching the sevens games from Las Vages today. U.S team tied S.Africa. I do not know weather I am watching current games or last years. I love Rugby sevens and regular rugby. Could some one of you that fallows them maybe but up a post when the season is like I do with the Football post. Thanks

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Rugby games

March 4-5, 2016 in Las Vegas!

I think you were watching film of last year's matches, but the "Sevens" are big in Canada (if not worldwide), and there is an International League with a homepage, schedules, tickets etc..

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

They just finished the Rugby Sevens tournament at the Pan-American games, and I'm proud to announce that both of our Canadian Men's and Women's teams took the gold medals. The men had to scratch and claw their way there, but our women dominated all competition.

http://vipmedia.globalnews.ca/2015/07/rugby1.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/480544056-canada-celebrates-on-the-podiums-after-they-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXqHOdKHjcA9cV5B4EiHPQvbH54Vxvvi%2BtFZrRiO6wZ84M29uuZYvDnX10oBrlRl4%2FQ%3D%3D

Go Canada & USA  good to see the sport growing around the world.

The King Of Audio Torture

easybeat wrote:

I am glad it is picking up popularity in the states,I feel kinda dumb for yelling at my tv now.I heard a mention it was going too be added too the Olympics is this true.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

USA Rugby 7s is my favorite event of the year here in my home town. I missed this year due to proximity of Ella's birth. I highly suggest it if you're looking for a fun time in Vegas.

Baldguitardude wrote:

USA Rugby 7s is my favorite event of the year here in my home town. I missed this year due to proximity of Ella's birth. I highly suggest it if you're looking for a fun time in Vegas.

That sounds like an event i would like too get too,I do not gamble much but this would be worth the trip thanks Bgd.

Dino
Yeah it`s true, it will be in the next olympics.

The King Of Audio Torture

easybeat wrote:

Thanks, Easybeat ...

Rugby sevens has been in place for decades in your country, and it's a more recent development here in North America. My oldest son (now 33) played full contact rugby through High School (tight head prop position), and then for a couple of years at the Provincial level. That was until some goof shoulder-tackled his right leg while it was planted, and completely blew his knee apart ... end of rugby career. The game of Sevens is a bit safer, and he'd likely still be playing if it had been around our parts back then.

It sure is fun to watch!

10 (edited by dino48 2015-07-17 17:23:43)

Tenement Funster wrote:
easybeat wrote:

Thanks, Easybeat ...

Rugby sevens has been in place for decades in your country, and it's a more recent development here in North America. My oldest son (now 33) played full contact rugby through High School (tight head prop position), and then for a couple of years at the Provincial level. That was until some goof shoulder-tackled his right leg while it was planted, and completely blew his knee apart ... end of rugby career. The game of Sevens is a bit safer, and he'd likely still be playing if it had been around our parts back then.

It sure is fun to watch!

T.F. sorry that happened to your son,I am glad it is growing here as I like it a lot and that's got to be a hard game to keep running all the time. Cool it is going too be an Olympic sport as Easy Beat just confirmed.

rugby is a great game, much preferable to soccer. but i have to point out at this point that there are 2 disciplines of the sport, 1 union and 2 league. both games are played by countries that have been playing the sport since noah was a pigeon fancier eg: all four countries of the UK, france, south africa, australia, canada and the no1 new zealand.

if your into sevens then you should catch up with the hong kong 7s. 7s are a more demanding game than the full game. and league is more demanding and rougher than union but not by much.

sorry to hear about your sons knee TF. it's a sport (unlike soccer, i use the US name) where all the violence is on the pitch not in the stands.

here in europe we have our annual internationals; wales, ireland, scotland, england, france and italy. when they come to town it's party time and there is very little violence as rugby fans may support their own side but still appreciate a good opposing team.

so enjoy

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

12 (edited by dino48 2015-07-18 00:38:31)

It is alot like our football but you are not opposing on two sides.I almost think that it has been around for so long we might have modeled our football after it. I have heard that England will be getting an american style football team. I know other countries have teams over there.

Congrats to New Zealand yesterday, on their convincing win over Argentina! (39 -18 final score). From the moment Skipper Richie McCaw scored the first try, there wasn't much doubt about the final outcome. A hard-fought, dominant performance!

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/50150000/jpg/_50150172_mccaw_282.jpg

New Zealand All Blacks Skipper Richie McCaw

All blacks are an awesome team,Isaw them play on tv last year.