Topic: Strummer Bill

Bill contacted me through YouTube and asked if one of the mods could email his password to him. We don't want to loose Bill folks. He needs our help

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Re: Strummer Bill

Should be srummerbill

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

3 (edited by Roger Guppy 2015-07-17 21:14:33)

What you ask cannot be done but there is a way round so I will write to Bill about this now Pete.

Roger

**Edit to add** Just e-mailed Bill and awaiting his reply.

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thank you Roger.

I hope he and his wife are doing ok did he mention anything Peter?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

There will be a time when Bill may not be able to join us here and I would like to help him as long as possible. Thanks again Roger

He didn't say anything about his wife Dino.

8 (edited by Cocktailsfor2 2015-07-18 13:17:53)

bensonp wrote:

There will be a time when Bill may not be able to join us here and I would like to help him as long as possible. Thanks again Roger

Is he having that much difficulty, or d'ya think it's temporary? A cause for concern.

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

9 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-18 15:46:01)

But now I will. Thank you, Peter and Roger, Dino and ALL of you!

Dear Friends

For the past week, Dondra was admitted three times for the same problem: Atrial Fibrillation with RVR. ("Atrial Fibrillation with Rapid Ventricular Response")

The following explanation is from Myheart.net......."Usually the heart is like clockwork, the top (collecting) chambers beat then the bottom (main pumping) chambers sense this and also beat, and so on, in a nice regular fashion just like a clock ticking second after second. Usually the heart beats at about 60-80 beats per minute. In Afib the top chamber basically goes crazy often firing off over 400 beats per minute! Luckily the bottom chamber doesn’t allow all those impulses through but it does let every second or third one through. This can give a heart rate of 100-180 beats per minute at rest, still too many beats, known as Afib with RVR, leading to symptoms and problems with heart function. Afib does not necessarily lead to Afib with RVR however, Afib can be rate controlled, sometimes naturally, sometimes using medications and sometimes requiring procedures ...."

My Dondra (She hates it when I call her "Madondra") has had this going on off and on for a couple of years now, but till now her heart has always "righted" itself. This is no longer the case and the only thing to do right now is to take her to the ER and get her admitted for IV fluids which do work - for 24 hours.

A procedure called an "Ablation" has been scheduled, but cannot be done by her cardiologist until the first week in August and there is no one at our hospital who can do this procedure before then. We're considering other doctors at the present time.

This is what an "Ablation" is (again from Myheart.net): "Ablation procedures are minimally invasive procedures typically done through the groin. They are typically used in patients that have tried, or cannot tolerate medicines for control of AFib. Ablation is typically not used as an emergency treatment of Afib with RVR, rather it is used for stable patients in AF, or those with intermittent AFib that wish to remain in normal rhythm. In patients that have had persistent Afib for a long time these procedures are not likely to be successful in the long term."

We also tried "cardioversion". That is, shocking the heart back into a normal rhythm. This too worked, but only for a short time. When I say "shocking" I mean just that - what you see done when someone has a heart attack - and we were both very scared that her heart might stop altogether.

Our Amy brought up the use of a pacemaker, which I also thought would be logical, but a discussion with her doc resulted in him telling us, that this is not the way to go. Neither is, according to him, a defibrillator another device inserted like a pacemaker, but which does what a shock does. Again, we were advised against it. I have forgotten the reasons why not (are you surprised? Next time I'll tape the doctor with my cell phone).

So that is where we are - with Dondra again in ICU, again converted to a normal rhythm with IV fluids, but how long will that last? I don't know if they will discharge her again or not. As home meds, she's currently taking triple the cardiac drug normally prescribed. Not to worry, I looked it up and there's no danger.

I have an android, but as of yet have not been able to figure it out, so I have to come home (which I do while our son is there and because we only live 10 minutes away from the hospital) to post updates.

I need your strong shoulders, my friends. Not to cry on but to lean on if only in a virtual way.

I will post more as I can.

We love y'all and Dondra sends smiles and love as well.

Your friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Bill,

We're here for you, and if in any way we can do anything to help you, just say the word.

I know I'm the "baby" (as in 'the newest') here, but trust me when I say that I have respect and regard for you. My thoughts turn to you and your Dondra a coupla times a day, and I make sure to send some good juju your way each time I do.

RIP Bowie

Take good care friend. Do you have family living close by to help when needed?

Our shoulders are broad and many, lean on us if you need to. We all care and wish all the best for you and Dondra.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

13 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-18 17:22:26)

Peter,

To answer your question, yes, we do have family close by, but to be realistic, they only show up for funerals and to volunteer to do  eulogies. That goes for both sides. smile

Yet it's my wife who is always the first to volunteer her time and knowledge to help anyone. Doesn't matter if they are "laws" or "in-laws". smile

So it's just me and our son Jason taking turns to take care of Dondra.

Speaking of...... the strength and perseverance of this woman is astounding. Three (through the ER)
admissions in the same week would be enough to bring most people down, but not her. Admittedly, we being medical professionals helps both of us because we know the terminology, risks, etc......but the fact that our families have taken this attitude really pisses me off. I'll be leaving in an hour to take over the "watch", so thanks again to all of you for your love and concern. I'll keep working on the "Smart-Phone" so I can communicate with y'all better, but I'm thinking it could be the hospital's WiFi system being weak.

Much love from both of us!

Bill and Dondra Craig

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Great to see you back bill and hope Dondra is going too get out soon you two deserve a break from this. My old boss had too go through this many times and it finally ended up with the procdure of going through the groin area.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I am writing this from D's room in ICU, so I guess I can work this thing and read your posts.--- Bill--- wink

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Thanks soooooooooo much for keeping us updated, Bill. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your beloved wife.

17 (edited by bensonp 2015-07-20 15:48:08)

Call me any time you want to talk Bill. I know exactly what you are going through and it has to be even tougher with your wife's  issues.   Have you talked about your future with your son? I worry about you buddy. And give your wife a great Big hug from me. Put my number in your phone.

My thoughts and prayers are with Dondra and your self and I am hoping the medics can soon find a solution to the recurring problem.

Roger

P.S. Glad you have mastered the tablet, we get worried when we don't hear from you.

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hey Bill.  I'm glad you made it back here.  The news in't so great though.  Of course, it could be worse.  Right?  My grandpa has a pacemaker/defibrillator combo unit.  I've heard some stories about him getting knocked on his butt when it would shock him without him expecting it.  I imagine they don't feel it's necessary at this point for Dondra because the situation is not bad enough to warrant it.  That sounds like good news to me, despite all the crappy news in there.  I'm glad your son is nearby to help out.

Our shoulders are here to lean on - feel free to lay it on us.  You should have my email address as well, if not just click on the email link under my name.  Feel free to send me a vent / rant / whatever.  I work on this darn laptop, so I check email on a daily basis.  Anything at all that we can do, just let us know.  If you have any issues with the android, I can certainly help there! 

So tell us, what's Dondra's favorite type of music?  song?  artist?  smile  Maybe a few of us will go overboard and upload get well songs for her.  big_smile

Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thanks, Amy and Peter and everyone who's responded. Special note to 'Tails: Yours was the first note Dondra read, and she commented on how nice it was and of course she loves everyone here and appreciates the thoughts, prayers and juju. She Who Must Be Obeyed asks about 'Tails: , "He's not killing a chicken everyday and letting the blood drip onto some bones, is he?" smile

I think I may have corrupted this woman. smile

Anyway, I'm home washing panties, bras, my stuff, taking care of Bert the cat and cleaning myself up!

D went into A-Fib during the night, but converted (again) an hour later. Her blood pressure is still soaring sky-high and as long as they keep her medicated and she lies still, that part of it's okay. I feel I should mention that my wife does not drink, smoke or do illegal drugs to cause all of this. She goes to church on Sundays (unlike me) and has lived a very clean life. All the stuff she's going through is inherited.

The docs want to let her go home tomorrow (Monday), always with the idea in mind she may be coming back the same or the next day.

So that's where we stand at present.

Dondra likes country/rock such as The Eagles, etc. and the country classics. Not much of a fan of the "new" country. Also anything from the 60's.

Again, thanks for thinking of both of us and know you are loved.

Bill and [b]Dondra[b]

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Note to Peter: Thanks for the phone number, my friend! I have it written down now, so you may want to delete it from your post if you still can. It's good to have it if I need it, but as yet, there's no need to worry about me. As long as I have y'all here with me, I'm fine.

Your Pal,

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

I think we might be able to scrounge up some fresh interpretations of country and country rock songs.

Best of luck. I don't know anything about medicine beyond what a long since expired first aid course taught me, but 'heart' is scary. I'll keep praying.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Bill, I kinda / sorta know what Dondra is going thru as I, too, suffer from A-Fib. It does not sound like mine is as serious as what Dondra is going thru but before my Cardio Doc got me under control it was "touch n go" for awhile. If I was you I would be finding out why her doc cannot do the "prodedure until the 1st week in August. If the reason is due to her condition, that's one thing, if the delay is due to his convience then you need anoctor doctor - period. How far are you from Atlanta? My thoughts would be to get her to a place where she can get the best care she can get. That could be where she is or it may be in the "big" city. I am lucky enough to have a great cardiologist who I happened to meet in the emergency room in 2009 when I had a heart attack. He has been treating me ever since and I think he is the best thing since sliced bread. He is a younger doctor - under 40 - and does not act like a "old fart" doctor who id "set" in his ways. While you are at the hospital with Dondre ask the nurses what they think about your doctor. Also, ask them who thet think is the best. Some of then will talk to you and tell you what they think. My friend, if you need me just let me know. Don't know what I can do, due to my own health reasons, but I'll do what I can. My thoughts and prayers are with you, yoiur son and Dondra.

NELA. The reason is, he's travelling to India to bring his family to the US and he'll be gone 2 weeks and he can't book the surgery suite at Emory Hospital in ATlanta until after that. We're looking into the possibility of getting it done someplace else by some other doc.

As of this writing she is still in the hospital and I am on my way there now.

Thanks for the concern, NELA and everyone. It is much appreciated by both of us.

Bill and Dondra (who really likes the version of "Desperado" from Roger, thanks!)

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Thanks, Amy and Peter and everyone who's responded. Special note to 'Tails: Yours was the first note Dondra read, and she commented on how nice it was and of course she loves everyone here and appreciates the thoughts, prayers and juju. She Who Must Be Obeyed asks about 'Tails: , "He's not killing a chicken everyday and letting the blood drip onto some bones, is he?" smile
]

Dunna wurra about that, the price of chicken is quite low here - California is a farming and agricultural state.

(Keep her well, "Rumpole"!)

Sincerely,
The Juju Man

RIP Bowie