Topic: Call me crazy. Call me a hoarder, Another NGD again.

3 guitars in 3 weeks. This time it is a Japanese hollow body electric from the 60s. It may be a Teisco. It may not. Picked it up for $50.00. It needs a lot of work. Picked it at an antique store in Putnam, Conn. What some people see as junk, I see a diamond in the rough.

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11705356_899740530092361_4027432281812309395_n.jpg?oh=6f762a17e6b37c4b904bf4e649dd0419&oe=56463B8F

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Call me crazy. Call me a hoarder, Another NGD again.

I dropped the photo from Facebook in for you smile

Fine looking investment to me.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

You are crazy and a horder.

I don't believe that, but was following instruction.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thank You Roger.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

You have serious G.A.S. You should seek out your local GAA (Guitar Acquirer's Anonymous) chapter. You need help. smile

Good luck with your project.

That does it, JJJ ... you've crossed the line. I'm proposing we all pitch in a get you this sign for your front lawn:

http://shipsandports.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/gas-sign.jpg

7 (edited by easybeat 2015-07-27 00:24:39)

That`s got to be bargain of the year
if it plays as good as it looks you`re onto a real winner.
3 in 3 weeks, you must not be married!

The King Of Audio Torture

Tenement Funster wrote:

That does it, JJJ ... you've crossed the line. I'm proposing we all pitch in a get you this sign for your front lawn:

http://shipsandports.com.ng/wp-content/ … s-sign.jpg

Ditto! I think jjj has been real lucky finding all these gems he has not spent that much money at all.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Right place. Right time. The lucky streak will end soon. Until then, I am going with the flow.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

Good for you buddy. I'm impressed

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

jjj,

Naw, you ain't crazy and you ain't no hoarder, but you did buy a guitar with no strings, so maybe we need to put you in my "territory".

Just kidding, my friend. She's purty, fer sure. I wish you many enjoyable hours with your new acquisition.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Congratulations. Nice find. Even if it doesn't play as good as it looks you can always throw a set of heavy strings on there and use it for a slide.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

3 guitars in 3 weeks. This time it is a Japanese hollow body electric from the 60s. It may be a Teisco. It may not. Picked it up for $50.00. It needs a lot of work. Picked it at an antique store in Putnam, Conn. What some people see as junk, I see a diamond in the rough.

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp … e=56463B8F

jjj that looks alot like my Espana archtop,have you looked at them anywhere?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

14 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2015-07-28 00:50:50)

Dino. No I havent. I put it aside for now. I plugged it in. One pickup is weak.  5 of the tuners are seized.  It will need a bridge.  (maybe). The spring is missing on the whammy. The fretboard is solid rosewood. Not veneer. Some of the binding is missing on the neck. That is how I can tell. The ideas are running through my head though. Grover or Ping tuners. Lawrence or Seymour Duncan pickups. New tailpiece. Of course a set of strings. Hoping to end up with a real sleeper when it is done.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Dino. No I havent. I put it aside for now. I plugged it in. One pickup is weak.  5 of the tuners are seized.  It will need a bridge.  (maybe). The spring is missing on the whammy. The fretboard is solid rosewood. Not veneer. Some of the binding is missing on the neck. That is how I can tell. The ideas are running through my head though. Grover or Ping tuners. Lawrence or Seymour Duncan pickups. New tailpiece. Of course a set of strings. Hoping to end up with a real sleeper when it is done.

jjj I think you will be happy after you fix it up. You are a crazy hoarder and thats good you will not have to take any meds for G.A.S..

I am probably going to hit some flea markets and antique shops this weekend. I am wondering what i end up with this time.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

It doesn't look like a very good guitar - in fact, you probably got ripped off, man!

Tell you what - I'll help you out and take it off your hands for $60 - you'll recoup your loss, you'll have one less guitar, and I will have done my part by being a Good Samaritan.

Whaddaya say?

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

He sells snake oil, too, I hear. smile smile smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Cocktailsfor2 wrote:

It doesn't look like a very good guitar - in fact, you probably got ripped off, man!

Tell you what - I'll help you out and take it off your hands for $60 - you'll recoup your loss, you'll have one less guitar, and I will have done my part by being a Good Samaritan.

Whaddaya say?

If I got ripped off, I got ripped off. It has happened before. It ends up in the ornament pile. I have those too. I don`t count those in the amount of guitars I have. There must be something there.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

jjj, I think he's messin' with ya. smile smile smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

I am probably going to hit some flea markets and antique shops this weekend. I am wondering what i end up with this time.

JJJ you better take Trout with you it looks like you are on a mission she may be able too slow you down. You got too be suffering crazy hoarder syndrome.

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

jjj, I think he's messin' with ya. smile smile smile

Azza matter of fact, Bill, I was goofin' - prolly shoulda used a coupla smilies or sumpin', eh? wink

Yes, jx3, I was kidding around. I realize that type of thing doesn't always translate over the interwebs… but I just hadda give it a shot, I try no never let an opportunity like that go past. Heh.

It's a great lookin' guitar - hope it fixes up sweet for you!

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

23 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-30 19:11:35)

Hey, Dino and 'Tails,

Think Jx3 might need an "intervention"? wink

I can just see it now ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (dream sequence)~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dr. Phil: "I understand you have gas. Have you tried maybe 'holding it in'? How'd that work for ya?"

etc. etc. etc. smile

All in good fun. jjj. I think we're all just jealous about the deal you found on that pretty guitar, my friend!  smile

Bill

PS: My girls. "Anita" apologizes for all the smudges. I was supposed to have polished her before the pic. All 3 (including the Galveston accoustic/electric bass - not seen) cost me less than $300.00 and they play and look just fine. I am sure it will be that way with your new one too, joeyjoeyjoey.

https://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/Drummerboy49/guitars.jpg

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

That's a pretty bass for sure, and who doesn't appreciate a blue guitar?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Those aren't scratches on the bass, Zurf. That thing is immaculate. I don't know where those came from.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass