Topic: DON`T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS ONE ! ! !

Has anyone seen the pocket guitar advertised on Facebook???  $15.00. I bought 2 of them. One for me. One for the trout. What you get is 4 frets and 6 strings in a plastic sliding case. About the size of a TV remote. Opens up to twice the size. If you already know chords, it is totally a waste of time and money. It does come in a nice velour case and has 2 picks.  It just sits collecting dust. It looked so cool in the ad and the video.  If the temptation to buy one sets in, don`t give in. Or else you may end up writing a post like this. Definitely doesen`t count as NGD.  Think of this as a Consumer Reports article for guitarists

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: DON`T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS ONE ! ! !

Never heard of that one. The concept sounds good, but alas, not good huh?

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Any guitar that'll fit in my pocket probably won't fit in my hands! (LOL)

Many years a go my mother gave my father a Popeil "Pocket Fisherman", you know "as seen on TV". It was unremarkable in every way.
dj

jjj hope that stops your G.A.S. syndrome.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

1st - I'm going to quote someone's comment on the company's youtube video:

"Absolutely absurd. A SOUNDLESS musical "tool"? The right hand strumming PLASTIC? Incredible. What's the next product from this company? A pen that doesn't write? A basketball that doesn't bounce? A toaster that doesn't toast? This company would be hard pressed to find even ONE professional guitarist to endorse this silly, needless product-- unless they paid them, of course. Small travel guitars abound. Buy one. They actually make music."

hee hee, that made me laugh.  Now here's the vid - assuming, of course, that this is the same product JX3 is talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVDQgI1c9jw

Wow - soooo... it's for "practicing your chord shapes" and nothing more (unless you like the idea of fretting strings and then pretending to strum them).  I suppose... maybe... it could have merit somehow in possibly keeping your callouses if you're going to be away from your guitar for weeks.  Maybe.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I notice the video doesn't actually let you hear the thing.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I saw Amy's post and video and my warped mind began to churn, churn, churn ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (these are those wavy lines meant to recognize a dream sequence) ~~~~~~~~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYlDbv7MqE8.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

9 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2015-08-10 01:45:28)

Stay Away. The one I bought has 2 less frets than the one in the video. Still a waste of money. The one in the video has 2 more frets to waste your money on.  If you want to get an idea of how it is, put a capo on the 7th fret. Or in my case, the 5th fret. Untune the guitar. It doesent matter how, just untune it. Play between the capo and the nut. There is the pocket guitar. Whoever came up with this idea belongs in the same category as whoever invented the unpoppable bubble wrap. Actually, the one in the video doesen`t come with the velour case. At least I got a fuzzy velour bag and 2 picks for $15.00. Make that $30.00. Gabrielle got a fuzzy velour bag and 2 picks also.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Pet rock, untearable toilet paper, mood rings. Schlock. All of it. Pure schlock.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Pet rock, untearable toilet paper, mood rings. Schlock. All of it. Pure schlock.

Mood rings?  what?  Those things totally work!  I am ALWAYS energetic when I wear mine!

ha ha ha ha ha!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I've got one of those mood rings. It turned my finger green.

The paper that came with it didn't say what mood that was so I'm going with happy, smart and good looking.

Thanks Chordie for the years of music and advise.

"Good looking", huh, rickyjack?

Well, in that case I'm gonna get one for every finger! tongue

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

14 (edited by dino48 2015-08-11 00:33:31)

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Stay Away. The one I bought has 2 less frets than the one in the video. Still a waste of money. The one in the video has 2 more frets to waste your money on.  If you want to get an idea of how it is, put a capo on the 7th fret. Or in my case, the 5th fret. Untune the guitar. It doesent matter how, just untune it. Play between the capo and the nut. There is the pocket guitar. Whoever came up with this idea belongs in the same category as whoever invented the unpoppable bubble wrap. Actually, the one in the video doesen`t come with the velour case. At least I got a fuzzy velour bag and 2 picks for $15.00. Make that $30.00. Gabrielle got a fuzzy velour bag and 2 picks also.

JJJ I have some real good air guitars for sale,visit my air site too see the prices. ( I could not help tease you a bit jjj). You can go too my air website in my avitar and click on it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

You (like me), are a NUT, Mr. Dino, sir! big_smile big_smile big_smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

You (like me), are a NUT, Mr. Dino, sir! big_smile big_smile big_smile

Thats ok bill two nuts are better then one,I am just teasing jjj a bit.

dino48 wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

JJJ I have some real good air guitars for sale,visit my air site too see the prices. ( I could not help tease you a bit jjj). You can go too my air website in my avitar and click on it.

Do they come in a velour case?? With 2 picks??

Enjoy Every Sandwich

18 (edited by dino48 2015-08-11 00:43:49)

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:
dino48 wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Do they come in a velour case?? With 2 picks??

Yes they do, no picks though.