Re: Football 2015-2016 season

dino48 wrote:

Green Bay just won their game. T he Seahawks just lost in overtime too the Bengals in overtime, Looks like all is well in Mr. Rodgers neighborhood. 49ers play tonight. I think Russell is smilling a lot today.

Yep.  That wasn't the "beaten badly" that I expected, but giving up 17 points in the 4th quarter is still getting beaten.  Badly.  The defense has had problems closing.  They did pretty much the same thing at the end of the Superbowl last year.

Anyway, back to my Huskies.  Steve Sarkasian has been indefinitely suspended as the coach of USC.  He has apparently been showing up for work drunk on a regular basis.  The Chris Peterson upgrade is looking better and better.   I always felt Sarkasian ran an undisciplined operation.  Peterson kicked Marcus Peters off the team when he was the best player on their defense for being a disruptive force in the locker room.   That kid was so good he went 18th in the draft, and now starts for the Chiefs.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Pats win....

badeye          cool

one caper after another

Aaaaanddd.  Sarkasian just got fired as head coach at USC.  I'm guessing Haden, the AD there (and the guy that hired him over Ed Ogeron, and Lane Kiffen before him) is probably going to get fired as a result of his abject failure, but that will happen after the season is over.

Russell_Harding wrote:
dino48 wrote:

Green Bay just won their game. T he Seahawks just lost in overtime too the Bengals in overtime, Looks like all is well in Mr. Rodgers neighborhood. 49ers play tonight. I think Russell is smilling a lot today.

That was a good game The Rams played tough on defense and the absence of Jordy Nelson is felt he always found a way to get open I watched the 49er game they had a chance to win it at the end but the defense let Eli march down the field Kapernik (don't know how to spell his name) played exceptionally well much better then last week as did the whole offence tough loss.

Well we did look better but no win so I will go into a meltdown mode! and we have too play the Seahawks in two weeks!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

80 (edited by dino48 2015-10-19 00:45:16)

The 49ers finaly wona game!!!.Ithink Seattle lost too Carolina. I do not know who won Green Bay or the Pats games We have to play the Seahawks thur. night so put another win in for the hawks.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Bad weekend overall for Seattle football.  Huskies lost to Oregon (for the 12th consecutive year) sparing me my hangover, and the Seahawks gave up yet another 4th quarter lead to lose to Carolina at home.

That last one tells me that the 'Hawks new defensive coordinator isn't doing his job.   The last play where Carolina's TE, who had been killing them all day, was left undefended in the end zone because Earl Thomas thought he was in one coverage, and Richard Sherman thought he was in a different coverage.  The result is that two 1st team all pros were left looking at each other while the other team spiked the ball.   Same thing happened last week between Thomas and Kam Chancellor.   

That says the coordinator isn't communicating the coverage to the players clearly.

The Michigan - Michigan State game had a spectacular ending.   A bad punt snap gets picked up and run back for a TD, costing the Wolverines the game.  I love it when Harbaugh is on the wrong end of those kinds of plays.  big_smile

I did not get too see any other games except the 49ers and later saw the colts and patriots. I am pretty sure the Seahawks will be able too but a win in for our meeting on Thursday. I saw Frank Gore last night sure do miss him. He is with the colts now.

My Pats won..   

Heard this on this on the radio this morning...

"What the difference between the  Seahawks and a dollar,

you can get four quarters out of a dollar."....

bad joke,,,    sorry Seahawks fans.....

badeye   cool

one caper after another

badeye wrote:

My Pats won..   

Thats.... actually kinda funny.  big_smile

I'm going to go drop it on some grieving folks.

85 (edited by dino48 2015-10-20 00:44:25)

badeye wrote:

My Pats won..   

bad joke,,,    sorry Seahawks fans.....

badeye   cool

I think the Canadian quarters are not worth U.S. ones that would make there value deflated I could not resist badeye,for punishment I think I may wash my mouth out with a bar of chocolate.

86 (edited by dino48 2015-10-25 00:10:39)

ouchhhh Seahawks20 sf 3   Tonight     Washington and Stanford. (sat.) Go Stanford!!

See, you can get 4 quarters out of the Seahawks (contrary to popular belief).  But brother the offense on both sides were busting through!  Wilson and Kapernek were each sacked something like 6 times each, downfield coverage was excellent making it hard for either one of them to get off a decent pass.  Hence you hang around the pocket too long, you gonna' get spanked.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Seattle looked a lot better this week.

dino48 wrote:

ouchhhh Seahawks20 sf 3   Tonight     Washington and Stanford. (sat.) Go Stanford!!

Stanford was their usual machine.  Line up and run between the tackles.  Lot of positives from the Huskies, though.  Their defense looked sharp even as they were getting rolled on, and the offense showed it could move the ball on occasion.  The Dawgs are a year or two away from being a Pac-12 contender again, but it's coming.

Seahawks win against the 49ers was good, but the '9ers aren't a good football team. I give it as much credence as I do the Chicago win.

They *should* win in Dallas, then they bye week.

90 (edited by dino48 2015-10-26 19:38:01)

I did not get too see the Stanford/ wash game.   I do not see the 49ers  doing anything much this year,and the Seahawks looked real good they may still reach the top. Have you ever seen the Movie We are Marshall about the collage team?  I saw it a few weeks ago good football movie,check it out if you can. I saw them play one saterday they have a good team this year.

Holy crap! the pack got mugged big time and it don't get easier next week they better get there act together that was pitiful

"Growing old is not for sissies"

92 (edited by dino48 2015-11-03 01:26:15)

Russell_Harding wrote:

Holy crap! the pack got mugged big time and it don't get easier next week they better get there act together that was pitiful

Hi Russell,I watched part of it and they were trying hard but Denver got them,its yoo bad they were 6 and o.  My team got slaughtered!! Now I just saw that the 49ers are trading wide receiver Vernon davis for two draft picks and he is going too Denver!!,this stinks!!!

I just see they are going too bench kapernick this next game. I think he will get traded I do not understand what the managers and owners of the 49ers are doing right now.

We won one!!!

Packers lost a tough one, but I gotta say... Carolina looks really, really good right now.  They remind me of the Seahawks two years ago.  Ferocious defense and a mobile QB.  I've always been a Cam Newton fan based on nothing other than his size and athleticism, but it looks like he's really turned a corner mentally, and is now thinking like an NFL QB.

Hi Jerome I did not get too see the other games but I did see some of Carolinas coverage on espn and they looked good how did your Seahawks do?

Seahawks will still be lucky to make the playoffs.  They barely beat Dallas.  Effectively, they can't lose again the entire season.  They've got two games against Arizona coming up, and they need to win both of them, as well as the rematch with the Rams.   They're all out of wiggle room, and aren't looking very good offensively.

98 (edited by dino48 2015-11-10 15:26:01)

jerome.oneil wrote:

Seahawks will still be lucky to make the playoffs.  They barely beat Dallas.  Effectively, they can't lose again the entire season.  They've got two games against Arizona coming up, and they need to win both of them, as well as the rematch with the Rams.   They're all out of wiggle room, and aren't looking very good offensively.

They will most likely t beat the 49ers .It looks like they are replacing most of  our players.

I have to say I am really disappointed with the Packers defense they have given up over 500 yards in there last three games the pass rush is virtually gone and the secondary has more holes then Ben Carson's theories on history add to it the receivers cannot get open and the offensive line is playing like the "walking dead" Eddie Lacy Is just flat I wish I could share Rogers optimism but "Relax' don't cut it they have to get aggressive and  hungry again enough of this living on past glories crap kick some butt!!

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell it sounds like they are getting complacent'. I have not been able too see there last couple of games?