1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-12 00:16:54)

Topic: A "Chordiestock" In The Deep South

Instead of us being miserable that we can't be with the "Backyard Players" up north, why not have our own get-together here in the Southeast somewhere?

I've seen a couple of members from Georgia posting here (and that one Cajun boah from Louzanna, of course), so how about we represent our part of the world? Our international and friends to the "Nawth" would be cordially invited of course.

What'cha'll thank? wink

Bill

PS: I'm more than willing to help organize this, but someone else will have to pitch in. (Get it? Pitch in?) big_smile big_smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: A "Chordiestock" In The Deep South

sounds like a good idea bill. wait and see if someone else near bye is up for it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks, dino. I don't know if I have ever told you, but I (and all of us) really appreciate your support. You're like a "rock" to all of us. Just wanted to say that.

I don't know if you smoke (and don't care if you do - I've stopped preaching against it when I got to be 60), but you and I share a love for Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen, so this one's for you, my friend! smile Please click on the link, and if you have not heard this version listen at the very end for a message about The Commander and then, hell, just let it play!

https://youtu.be/LyYLrVNKE68

Your Bud,

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Thanks bill,I will check it out tommarrow on my other computer, this one will not do youtube

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

5 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-12 01:04:58)

Here's some material for a song about smoking if anyone wants it. It's a true story and happened in Paulding County (the next county over from us to the north).

This excerpt is taken from their Government- Historical page:

"On October 18, 1903, "Ole 88" Engine 345, jumped the
tracks and tore down part of the Pumpkinvine Creek Trestle.  Pumpkinvine Creek Trestle, which was originally built in 1901, was rebuilt after the accident. The trestle is over 750 feet long and towers 126 feet above Pumpkinvine Creek. The trestle was restored in 1999 and now serves as part of the Silver Comet Trail."

===========================================

What isn't mentioned was what "Ole 88" was a-haulin'. Can you guess?

Right. Cigarettes.

When folks heard about the wreck and the cargo, they got on whatever vehicles they had at the time and hauled up to the trestle, where the whole place was covered in ----- cigarettes.

They began to loot those coffin nails until the land around the wreck except for the locomotive and the freight cars was spotless.

But that's not the end of the story, naw suh.

Somewhere, sometime, somehow a legend was born. It's not backed up by any facts or figures, but the story goes that the reason so many people in and around Paulding County died of lung cancer was they didn't begin smoking until they got a hold of some "o'them cigarettes" from the train wreck. Hell, they were free and I guess in those days it was much easier to get hooked on them because they were stronger (no filter), but I can't say for certain.

Maybe y'all can do something with that true anecdote. smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

dino48 wrote:

Thanks bill,I will check it out tommarrow on my other computer, this one will not do youtube

You've told me that before. I'm sorry for forgetting, my friend. smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Thanks, dino. I don't know if I have ever told you, but I (and all of us) really appreciate your support. You're like a "rock" to all of us. Just wanted to say that.

I don't know if you smoke (and don't care if you do - I've stopped preaching against it when I got to be 60), but you and I share a love for Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen, so this one's for you, my friend! smile Please click on the link, and if you have not heard this version listen at the very end for a message about The Commander and then, hell, just let it play!

https://youtu.be/LyYLrVNKE68

Your Bud,

Bill

Good one bill,thanks for sharing!

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Maybe y'all can do something with that true anecdote. smile

Bill

All songs are true.  Some are even factual.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

You certainly should have a gathering, Bill!  If we could possibly make it - we will of course.  smile  Good luck!  I've found the best way is to just PLAN IT UP and invite people.  smile  Good luck!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Would love to be a part of a "Gathering" here in God's Country. The timing would need to be where I could fit it in between doctor's appointments, though.

nela

Ready when you are, my friend! smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass