Topic: Will Y'all Go Through A Little Trouble For Me?

I'm not asking much, and at only Stage IV of my dementia, maybe I shouldn't ask it at all, but when y'all do a song and link me to it, could you please tell me/us if it's a cover or not?

I'll tell you why, and this is no guano: Y'all are so good and I listen to the radio so infrequently that I have no idea if that's Alison Krauss  or our Amy who wrote that tune.

I've done it before - thinking something is original - an I'm sure I'l do it again and complicate stuff. See what I mean? THEN you have to come back in the thread and explain to me that it's NOT original, etc. etc.

Just a time saver, and just think: you'll be helping a guy who's batguano!!! big_smile big_smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Will Y'all Go Through A Little Trouble For Me?

Gidday Bill

Just when i thought you are an amazing guy i see a link to The watchmen 1965.
That is great stuff nice bit of sixties music.
I also read you played with Joe South  please tell me more?

The King Of Audio Torture

3 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-16 07:33:50)

I first met Joe at a "Big Hugh-Baby Hop" in Villa Rica, Georgia. My High School

"Hugh-Baby" (Jarrett - one of the original Jordainnares) didn't make it that night (ran off the road, as I understand it), but later, I asked to sit in on drums that night. The featured artists were Joe South And The Believers

What else, "You Don't Miss Your Water", while I was at Muscle Shoals trying to get some tape-time with The Watchmen? I was the drummer but it never made an album.

That's as close as I ever got, except to know he was extremely OCD and would drink anything he thought would get him high. I cried when he died. Someone misunderstood [i]something[/i[.

Bill

EDITED TO ADD: I was 16 at the time.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

I'm not asking much, and at only Stage IV of my dementia, maybe I shouldn't ask it at all, but when y'all do a song and link me to it, could you please tell me/us if it's a cover or not?

I'll tell you why, and this is no guano: Y'all are so good and I listen to the radio so infrequently that I have no idea if that's Alison Krauss  or our Amy who wrote that tune.

I've done it before - thinking something is original - an I'm sure I'l do it again and complicate stuff. See what I mean? THEN you have to come back in the thread and explain to me that it's NOT original, etc. etc.

Just a time saver, and just think: you'll be helping a guy who's batguano!!! big_smile big_smile

I like the way you use guano too replace a forbiden word. So you can wash out your mouth with a bar of chocolate!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Well, Dino

If It helps someone to become less offended, why shouldn't I do it.

Is it the right thing to do?

I don't know. I guess I could PUSH and see what it would take to get me out of here, but I've rethought things a lot over the years and so this  is the way I am now.

Plus, it's nice to be in a board which doesn't allow people to call each other names.

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

And you know? My life is pretty much an open book. All anyone has to do is read the blog and there it is. Anything else?

I'm right here.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill, I've been reading this and the other threads above and I have to say that I have such great admiration for you. Dealing with your problems and having such a colourful past, kudos with knobs on. I love chocolate and it tastes so much better than bat guano. big_smile

iechyd dda a pob hwyl. (Welsh for; good health and every happiness)

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I'm nobody, Phill; just a motor-mouth with pretty much everything done I wanted to do.

I've also been a right bastard in my life and hurt some folks, but when I quit the booze (hard booze when I wasn't gettin' sick like offa the Bier I had last night). I made it my job one to get in touch with those I hurt and ask forgiveness. I think that's in the 12 Step Program, but I did it on my own - quit I mean. It was tough, but I was really anti-social at the time and wasn't gonna stand up in front of a bunch of folks pouring (so to speak) my life's trouble out in front of them.

Anyway, Phill, thank you very much, but kick my German ass off that pedestal you've got me on, okay? There are so many others who don't blabber as much as me who have overcome and done some better things with their lives and I would like to hear from them and let me shut up and read for a change! big_smile big_smile big_smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Phill Williams wrote:

Bill, I've been reading this and the other threads above and I have to say that I have such great admiration for you. Dealing with your problems and having such a colourful past, kudos with knobs on. I love chocolate and it tastes so much better than bat guano. big_smile

Phill

Phill its nice too keep the bad words out for the kids and people who are offended,and when you can do it artfully then we should reward areselves withsome chocolate,I love it too!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

don't you dare shut your gob as we say over here. if there isnt someone willing and able to ask or answer questions, this forum dies and none of us want that.

we've all done stuff we regret. angels are just a figment of someones imagination like fairies and good politicians. it's not what you've done it's what you do.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

11 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-16 18:47:20)

dino48 wrote:
Phill Williams wrote:

Phill

Phill its nice too keep the bad words out for the kids and people who are offended,and when you can do it artfully then we should reward areselves withsome chocolate,I love it too!

You know you two sound like a buncha wimmen, right? big_smile big_smile big_smile

But that's okay, I love chocolate my own self, so move over, you two darlings! ROFLMAO!!!!

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

This is like chatting, isn't it? If y'all want to, I can do Yahoo Messenger, ICQ or google to keep from having to tie up our site.

What does Roger think, and maybe one of the mods or the admin can get us going?

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass