Topic: My AMS (American Music Supply) Catalog Came Today

I like getting them and oooh-ing and ahhh-ing just like everyone does at things one cannot afford.

You know: The Gretsch Silver Falcon, The Foremost Ultra-Musicated Les Paul guitar you'll ever find; only 10 payments of $12,000.00 a month..... (being facetious - as far as I know there's no Les Paul in the catalog for that much.)

But as I sat there, on my "throne" paging through the catalog (by the way, Peter, I saw your mic in there), I thought to myself, "Why isn't there a catalog for folks like me/us, who don't need anything that expensive, yet plays just fine?

So I thought I would post the question here: Outside of ZZMusic, AMS, Musician's Friend and their ilk, aren't there any catalogs which cater to us blue-collar folks?

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: My AMS (American Music Supply) Catalog Came Today

What?  You can afford shirts with collars?  That's pretty "high-brow", my choices are with or without sleeves.  Had no idea they even came in colors!

Do miss the "Munkey Wards" once in awhile..... still gettin' Harbor Freight.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Um, Doug smile

Can you trnaslate that first sentence for me? Every time I think I might understand it, it escapes me. sad

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

hee hee - it was a joke.  You stated that you're blue collar and Doug says he's "so poor" he can't even afford shirts with collars.  smile  T-shirts only, the option is sleeves or sleeveless WHITE only.  smile

Bill, I've actually found a lot of good stuff in some of those catalogs - you just have to search, and have an idea sometimes of what you're looking for to shop around in them for rices that fit the ole' budget.  Were you thinking about picking up anything in particular that seemed too pricey?  If so, chances are someone here's got one or seen one at a fair price and can help steer ya in the right direction.  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Doug_Smith wrote:

What?  You can afford shirts with collars?  That's pretty "high-brow", my choices are with or without sleeves.  Had no idea they even came in colors!

LOL ... You gotta shirt? Reminds me of this old Monty Python sketch, about 4 Yorkshiremen trying to outdo one another, about how poor they were growing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

It's all affordable to somebody.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Tenement Funster wrote:
Doug_Smith wrote:

LOL ... You gotta shirt? Reminds me of this old Monty Python sketch, about 4 Yorkshiremen trying to outdo one another, about how poor they were growing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

Thanks, Amy, for the 'splainin' and Doug, sorry; this happens sometimes; it's almost there, then just like a butterfly, it's gone. Maybe that's why we always see those comedy shows with demented people trying to pluck something out of the air? smile smile

TF, I had never seen that sketch, and I'm such a big Python fan, I have the dialogue of the "Holy Handgrenade" memorized and get asked to do it at family gatherings.  It was hilarious, was your link and made me think of this one by Dana Carvey;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbU4Cb4A4-o

Have a wonderful day, my friends

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

LOLOL ... "That's they way it was, and we liked it!" Thanks for a good laugh, Bill.