Topic: From Russia with Love

My sister inlaw sent me this link of my brother playing trumpet solo on an animated sound track in the studio he is 86 but still has some great chops his name is Merv and I dont know the details of where this was done but it is very professional.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hd01C3e9kE

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: From Russia with Love

That was really good Russell ,that trumpet sounded good and it is really small.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Wow. I am impressed. Comment left.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

That is a happy catchy tune (although the riff reminds me of "all of me").  Merv can sure blow that thing, and frankly has more wind than I do.... but for the benefit of Dino, I think that trumpet is actually a Cornet.  Kind of the "travel guitar" of the Trumpet Family.  I personally like the tone as it is mellower even without a mute.

Confession time:  I sold my Baritone years ago...... but there is still a "Bone" in it's case in the corner of the music room next to the Piano.  I hesitate to mention it as this is a Guitar Forum, and risk expulsion or censure for blasphemy.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug_Smith wrote:

That is a happy catchy tune (although the riff reminds me of "all of me").  Merv can sure blow that thing, and frankly has more wind than I do.... but for the benefit of Dino, I think that trumpet is actually a Cornet.  Kind of the "travel guitar" of the Trumpet Family.  I personally like the tone as it is mellower even without a mute.

Confession time:  I sold my Baritone years ago...... but there is still a "Bone" in it's case in the corner of the music room next to the Piano.  I hesitate to mention it as this is a Guitar Forum, and risk expulsion or censure for blasphemy.

yeah Doug he surprises me all the time lol it dose sound a little like "all of me" and it is a cornet the last time he visited from Vegas he had it with him. smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Nice job! Musical mutancy runs in the family, I guess.

I've also got a trumpet, slide trombone, and valve trombone in the basement. The trumpet is out in hot rotation now because my youngest likes playing it. She doesn't know how, but she's doing a great job learning on her own. I'm hesitant to introduce any disciplined, organized instruction as it would likely take away from the fun.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

My wife thinks this guy singing is "purrty". ANyone know his name in ENglish?

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

My wife thinks this guy singing is "purrty". ANyone know his name in ENglish?

Thanks

Bill

I do believe he is Vasily Bogatyrev, at least he is credited for the music for the series (which is also available on YT in several languages including English).  As to where the sound studio is located..... that could be anyone's guess, but the dubbing is done in Southern California, and one video I watched where he did a video tour of his personal studio, had Palm Trees, and lots of equipment from US sources.  Sorry my Russian is not better, I can generally follow the narrative, but they talk so darn fast!  Of Course our British friends say the same of Americans too, and we speak the same language (sort of).

Take Care;
Doug

PS: Thanks for the link Russell, the Grandkids are really enjoying the animated series, dubbed in English .

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

http://www.vassya.com/

This multitalented singer hails from the Ukraine and when He comes to America, I suspect it's on a work visa, because he maintains a studio in Moscow.

Thanks, Doug

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass