Re: Finger style

Fur Elise... I love listening to piano pieces played on guitar.  big_smile  Thank you for sharing!  As well, it's interesting to see how he varies the tone and timbre!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

MKM ... I completely agree about hearing a piano tune re-arranged for guitar. Last year, I adapted "Superman's Song" (Crash Test Dummies) for classical guitar, and it sounds pretty good ... if I do say so myself. big_smile

28 (edited by Classical Guitar 2016-03-14 09:10:15)

For those who have tried learning finger picking or Travis picking and are having problems with it feeling natural. Have you watched an electric bass player closely? Most use their first and second finger. For now forget your thumb. Once you get comfortable with using the first and second finger, then add your thumb on the base strings, and at the same time re-position your hand so it is comfortable to use all three together. Once you learn to do this you will soon learn variations using the same fingers. Also if you keep you hand free from the guitar then later it will also feel better. Some use their little finger as an anchor and if you just don't start using an anchor then later you will be limited.

I hope this helps those who want to learn and having problems. Go slow and practice finger picking at least some each day until it feels natural.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.