Topic: Starbucks coffee

I was wondering if anyone else here has never had a Starbucks cup of coffee I have never had one as I never wanted too pay their prices. Am I the only one?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Starbucks coffee

Don't bother. It's gross. I have it as a last resort.

Banks get criticized for charging more than 36% on a loan but these guys mark up a coffee by 800% and it's all good. I don't get it.

Nope. Never went to Starbucks.

Of course I don't drink coffee so that might have something to do with it. smile

I always brew my own coffee for a more consistent freshness and taste. I do agree with BGD, the mark up is a bit over the top.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

I don't drink coffee but if I did I wouldn't pay their prices

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Worst coffee in the world even more distasteful than Tim Hortons. sad

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Have had both Starbuck's and Tim Horton's, and they'll do in a pinch.

Our favorite cuppa java is what we brew at home. It's a "house brand" from our local Superstore (Loblaw's chain) called West Coast Columbian Dark Roast. It's got that bit of sweetness that Columbian is known for (unlike Arabica or Sumatran beans) and the extra roasting gives it a nice bite without being harsh.

Think I'll go get this morning's second cup right now!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/33/c2/de/33c2deda8df4382a5b82e79826e66afd.jpg

Tenement Funster wrote:

Our favorite cuppa java is what we brew at home. It's a "house brand" from our local Superstore (Loblaw's chain) called West Coast Columbian Dark Roast. It's got that bit of sweetness that Columbian is known for (unlike Arabica or Sumatran beans) and the extra roasting gives it a nice bite without being harsh.

Sounds good!! If I was a little close I would be tempted to drop round for a cuppa. wink

Roger

We're just about to Starbucks open in our town. Never had one and never will due to their policy on G M crops.

Thick as two short planks

After what I heard about Starbucks I'd never go in there. During the Afghan war UK troops asked for some of their coffee, they were willing to pay but Starbucks came back with a totally out of context and bitchy remark about no freebees. So as far as I'm concerned they can stick their manky coffee where the sun don't shine

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

After what I heard about Starbucks I'd never go in there. During the Afghan war UK troops asked for some of their coffee, they were willing to pay but Starbucks came back with a totally out of context and bitchy remark about no freebees. So as far as I'm concerned they can stick their manky coffee where the sun don't shine

You tell um Phill, that is pretty snotty and disrespectful to treat those putting there lives on the line. I have never and will never go in a Starbucks I brew a great cup of coffee and it don't cost $5 or more smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

There are better choices. I prefer Dunkin Donuts' coffee or even McDonalds' coffee. Both are not only better but cheaper.

I've had Starbucks coffee and did not care, or like it, at all. I drink a lotta coffee throught the day. I like plain old "home brewed" straight outta the pot. No sugar, no cream, no anything, just good coffee. Most people who drink the Starbucks stuff go for the "frou-frou' added condiments and are not really drinking coffee. Think I'll go get another cupo, now.

Nela

In grad school I did a study on retail marketing of coffee.  My team mates and I checked out grocery stores, coffee shops, service stations, convenience stores, restaurants, and sampled coffee at all of them.  At Starbucks, I ordered "whatever you have that has the most syllables."  Without even having to think about it, they sold me a caramel machiatto frappucinno.  That's a lot of syllables for coffee.  It was like drinking a candy bar. 

One of the team mates had never had coffee, and had six cups that afternoon.  He didn't sleep for a week.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I am glad too see I am not alone. I love my home brewed coffee,thanks for all your replys.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I think we are spoilt here in Portugal. Every small coffee bar, snack bar and restaurant has a machine similar to this, where the coffee is made individually for you with freshly ground beans. I like expresso coffee and I struggle to find anything I like in the UK and on my visits to Canada and America, but I rarely find one I do not like here.

http://www.1000espressos.com/images/machines/Espresso-coffee-machine%20STAR%20XL.jpg

Roger

Roger Guppy wrote:

I think we are spoilt here in Portugal. Every small coffee bar, snack bar and restaurant has a machine similar to this, where the coffee is made individually for you with freshly ground beans. I like expresso coffee and I struggle to find anything I like in the UK and on my visits to Canada and America, but I rarely find one I do not like here.

http://www.1000espressos.com/images/mac … R%20XL.jpg

Roger

I never had expresso I heard it is super strong.

Starbucks -  like paying for a Lexus and driving a yugo !

My friend in Florida made coffee at his house - it was an African blend - the best cup of coffee I have ever had - no idea what the name of it was however.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I keep an espresso maker in my xamp kitchen. Yum yum.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Most coffee served here in the States would be refered to in Europe as "Cafe Americain", pretty much a 4oz demitasse watered down to something like 10oz ....... most barristas will be disgusted by the request, and some will refuse to serve it.

Starbucks, Dutch Bros., Java Joes, Coffee Culture, and many other expresso stands will have one of those expresso machines, and can put out a good cup if you order what you like (it's all in the "code" you see).  I'm not really a coffee snob, but we have two roasters here in my little town, Sivetz and Allan Brothers.  Along with all of the above mentioned vendors..... you can get spoiled, and beat up over pricing.  My preferance is good old "home Brew" fresh ground & run through a Krups drip.  I also have a small expresso machine for those occasional mochas, and guests, and can crank out a reasonable simile of a custom cup...... including the whipped cream!

For those that shop Costco, if you have ever bought the Kirkland 100% Columbian 3lb can (dark roast), it's fairly inexpensive, and roasted/ground and packaged by ...... wait for it..... Starbucks (their home base is Kirkland, WA)!!  So you may have had it and not known.  My advise is to buy whole beans, buy a grinder, and always use filtered (un-chlorinated low mineral) water, and refrigerate the beans to preserve freshness.

Cheers!  Time for a "warm-up".....

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug_Smith wrote:

Most coffee served here in the States would be refered to in Europe as "Cafe Americain", pretty much a 4oz demitasse watered down to something like 10oz ....... most barristas will be disgusted by the request, and some will refuse to serve it.

Starbucks, Dutch Bros., Java Joes, Coffee Culture, and many other expresso stands will have one of those expresso machines, and can put out a good cup if you order what you like (it's all in the "code" you see).  I'm not really a coffee snob, but we have two roasters here in my little town, Sivetz and Allan Brothers.  Along with all of the above mentioned vendors..... you can get spoiled, and beat up over pricing.  My preferance is good old "home Brew" fresh ground & run through a Krups drip.  I also have a small expresso machine for those occasional mochas, and guests, and can crank out a reasonable simile of a custom cup...... including the whipped cream!

For those that shop Costco, if you have ever bought the Kirkland 100% Columbian 3lb can (dark roast), it's fairly inexpensive, and roasted/ground and packaged by ...... wait for it..... Starbucks (their home base is Kirkland, WA)!!  So you may have had it and not known.  My advise is to buy whole beans, buy a grinder, and always use filtered (un-chlorinated low mineral) water, and refrigerate the beans to preserve freshness.

Cheers!  Time for a "warm-up".....

I know when I was married we used too buy Hazlenut from there and grind it,great coffee.

I would like to note, for the sake of my sanity, that it is "ESPRESSO" not "EXPRESSO."   One is steamed coffee, the other is a magical incantation at Hogwarts.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Its stihl koughie thou, rite?

jerome.oneil wrote:

I would like to note, for the sake of my sanity, that it is "ESPRESSO" not "EXPRESSO."   One is steamed coffee, the other is a magical incantation at Hogwarts.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

I stand corrected....... darn that phonics!!  But then again it does reinforce the adage that we don't pay enough attention to the spelling, as long as it has the right number of letters and the appropriate sounds at the beginning and end of the word.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I'm kind of a coffee snob at home. I have an espresso machine, a french press and a lovely little device called the Aeropress which, for $35 will produce the best cup of coffee you've ever made at home. (I actually have two aeropresses and use the second one for making herbal extracts and teas. You can press thyme or rosemary through it and it makes a concentrated water that is fantastic for use in cooking, esp. marinating.)