Topic: marshall as50d amp

where do I plug in my earphones and do I have to adjust amp to get them working

Re: marshall as50d amp

sneckie wrote:

where do I plug in my earphones and do I have to adjust amp to get them working

sneckie:

At the risk of sounding condensending (which in no way am I when I say this) you have to make sure that it has a jack to accept earphones.  I am not familiar with that Marshall amp so I do not know if there is one henceforth my original statement.  If there is then plug your headphone male end into the female input marked headphones. To answer the second part of your question yes you still have to adjust the amp not to get it working but for the tone you want.

Hope this helps.

Bootlegger.
Bootlegger guitars.

Thanks for your reply but it appears that headphones don't operate as the outlet does not cut off the speakers,on a electric amp you can discon the speakers but the accoustic has a back cover so you don't have access.any ideas would most welcome.Slangevar.

Thanks for your reply but it appears that headphones don't operate as the outlet does not cut off the speakers,on a electric amp you can discon the speakers but the accoustic has a back cover so you don't have access.any ideas would most welcome.Slangevar.

sneckie wrote:

Now that you have in a sense clarified that your Marshall is an acoustic amp per your statement above that it (the amp) "has a solid back cover" and no headphone jack (headphones don't operate as the outlet does not cut off the speakers).  You can't use headphones on your amp because it is not made to be used with headphones. To modify it to accept headphones would void thew warranty and cost to much.

Bootlegger.

Thanks again,after a visit to a Marshal amp dealer it appears the only way to get a headset to work is to turn th emaster volume off and use the channel volume to control the volume in the h/set. Although th e sound is not perfect it is ok.After a few pints you can make it as loud as you like with no complaints coming from the living room.Cheers.