1 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2015-12-17 05:57:04)

Topic: Reality Check

I am sitting in my parlor. I am surrounded by guitars. 15 of them are within 5 feet of me. Now I am thinking of selling some. 3 of them I have had for over 30 tears. Those aren`t going anywhere. I need to get my house back. Any thoughts?? My idea is to sell a bunch, put the money aside and get a really nice Martin. Even after I sell the ones I am thinking of, I will still have a fairly impressive collection. If I have any remorse, I can easily build up another collection. I do have a knack for finding great deals. Opinions welcome.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Reality Check

Follow the whispers of your heart. I believe it's the building of the collection that brings most of the joy.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

I need to get my house back. Any thoughts?? Opinions welcome.

lol

JJJ ... I think you've invited the wrong bunch for opinions. This could end up looking like one of Letterman's "Top 10 Lists" before the carnage concludes.

You're a brave man!

Why not? Sounds reasonable to me. At most, you can only play about fifteen of them in an evening.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

Why not? Sounds reasonable to me. At most, you can only play about fifteen of them in an evening.

Ditto

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

i understand your dilemma. i only have 7 but play only 3 regularly, but i couldn't bear to part with any of them, even the rubbish one.

ask yourself before you do; will you regret it in the morning?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Keep the guitars, sell the telly.

Thick as two short planks

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

My idea is to sell a bunch, put the money aside and get a really nice Martin..

Can't go wrong there. smile

And if you have some money left over, you can put it towards a road trip to attend 1-2 of the chordie events that are somewhat near you.

Syracuse, NY. and Harrisburg, Pa. come to mind. smile

unclejoesband wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

And if you have some money left over, you can put it towards a road trip to attend 1-2 of the chordie events that are somewhat near you.

I wouild love to attend. The only problem is that at my job, we have to set our time off one year in advance. @016 vacations are already set.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

10 (edited by dino48 2015-12-18 01:47:29)

jjj if you do decide let some of us see if we would like too buy any.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:
unclejoesband wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

I wouild love to attend. The only problem is that at my job, we have to set our time off one year in advance. @016 vacations are already set.

I have to agree with UJB here... and since your vacation dates are already set, you now need to tell us what they are so we can try to plan around you being able to make it!  big_smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

dino48 wrote:

Remember we have a forum for selling stuff. I bought Tiny off of Dirty Ed through it.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Zurf wrote:
dino48 wrote:

Remember we have a forum for selling stuff. I bought Tiny off of Dirty Ed through it.

I will let everyone here know first. Prices will vary depending on how much I put into them after I bought them. Some were professionally setup.  You have seen most of them. If any interest you, feel free to PM me on FB. All I ask is please, don`t insult me. I have done my research. I am starting off with 3 MIM Strats ranging from 225.00 to 300.00.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

I'll give you $27.50 for the Guild twelver.  :-)   

Seriously, though, if you have any nylon string acoustic or AE cutaways you're looking to move, I'd be interested. 

- Zurf

Zurf wrote:

I'll give you $27.50 for the Guild twelver.  :-)   

Seriously, though, if you have any nylon string acoustic or AE cutaways you're looking to move, I'd be interested. 

- Zurf

I have a Yamaha APX-4-A. I would let that go. 175.00 with hsc.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

That's a steel string.

Zurf wrote:

That's a steel string.

Yes it is.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

Was looking for nylon.