1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-12-27 01:20:23)

Topic: CHORDIE New Year's Eve Party! Entertainment: The CHORDIANS!

I alluded to this earlier in the week and since Dondra and I will be keeping the home fires burning, we thought it would be great if those of you who don't already have other plans, would join us in seeing in the New Year.

Yeah, we already know about the time zone difference, but the only way it would be an obstacle is if we let it be one. We can have TWO/Three New Year's Eve "Seeings-In". One for our brothers and sisters in "Down Under" and one/two for us here in the US.

The aformentioned entertainment will be by us, played as YouTube/SoundCloud/Stage downloads by one of our Admins and featuring whatever y'all think is your personal best - maybe pick out up to 5 songs, interspersed with  pics of us having a good time at home with our significant others.

I'll leave the rest of the logistics up to those smarter than me, okay?

If it's a good idea, let's make it better; if it's a bad one y'all won't hurt my feelings one bit - She Who Must Be Obeyed and I will party anyway and play The Chordians' music anyway.

It's 4 days away, so hopefully we didn't throw too much at y'all at one time. Just let me know. The "Family" has been more than just instrumental (;)) in the past year helping us with your support, so we thought this might be a great way to reciprocate.

We send our love as always,

Bill and [b[Dondra[/b]

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: CHORDIE New Year's Eve Party! Entertainment: The CHORDIANS!

I might very well have a new recording or two by then, if you would care to add that to the mix. smile

I haven't really recorded since before my daughter existed. Lol.

Good Idea bill I go too bed early so I will not try. Have  Fun!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hey there Bill!  I like your idea, however I'm not quite sure how that would work out.  I mean... I *think* I could make a portion of that work... however... I also think I'm over thinking it. 

Maybe if folks wanted to toss up a youtube video with some of their music playing and a photo slideshow going with it, that would work.  Then people can look at it whenever they want.  THAT could work. Assuming those chordians that want to participate know how to put a video like that together.   I don't think it would work LIVE though.   

As a side note however, I am going to send ya an email here in a bit... as Jim saw your post and had a good idea.  wink wink  Talk to ya soon!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Gonna be out playing at a NYE party that night so I gotta pass.

nela

ditto nela here unfortunately. though bill forgot to mention that here in europe we are 6 hours (i think) ahead of new york + more for the rest of the u.s. oz is something like 19? hours ahead of me (my son lives there) and they will celebrate 2016 while we're still on the 30th .... hard work getting your head around how big the world actually is.

have a happy new year, love from wales and phill and family

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

7 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-12-27 17:57:41)

Okay, let's first of all "shoot down" the "live" thing. smile

Doing this live would be impossible and I think I mentioned the time zone differences so logistically that's a bad idea.

What I wanted to do (and which I think may be possible) is pick several of your performances and link to them from here on Chordie throughout the night beginning at about 8 pm New Year's Eve. That way, any of you who will be at home can "tune in" to my posts here and listen/watch yourselves through the links I will post.

Also, (and this idea just occurred to me) if any of you don't want to participate, you can let me know with a pm, I'll  make a note and the vid won't ever show.

Since I'm willing to work around the time difference, I can manage to be "present" at both times (8 to midnight) being that I have LOTS of time on my hands wink, but I do understand what you mean, Phill and fellow Chordians.

In addition, since we aren't going to be "live", I like the term Visit a lot, Amy.

So...... as the "visit" will be coming from "Casa Craig", no one needs to worry about Skype or any kind of Voip at all.

Keeping in mind my state of mind, does this make any better sense? smile

Thanks

Bill

Edited To Add: Y'all can also pick your own personal favorites from your own performances if you think any of the others aren't what you'd want the others to see. Key words: "You" and "Your". smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

I'm not so well equipped with video and whatnot.  If anyone wants to drop one of my Dropbox tunes in, I'm OK with it.  My brother and his family will be here New Years Eve, so I won't be participating in real time. 

I think it's a wonderful idea Bill, and I also think I know what you mean.  Just basically pop up some pictures and whatnot through the night as we may see fit, and basically just sharing our evenings with one another.  I don't have many friends who are local, and so I definitely use this forum, among others, for my social connection.  Using the forum for a more traditional, but still forum-y, social connection is a really neat thought. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

NYE for me traditionally is out early with the missus,  then see the new year in watching Jools Holland's Hootenany. Some very talented acts. I can't sing, I'm not great with the guitar and I dont have a clue how to post on YouTube or Soundcloud, but I will watch this space with interest.
                                                                                                                         HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

Thick as two short planks

10 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-12-28 02:10:23)

Here's what a sample post will look like coming from me through Chordie. (Background in Light Grey)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strummerboy Bill              Continuing with the Chordie New Year's Eve Visit and T minus 2:12:30 left until midnight, here's a
                                                 selection from Grah1's SoundCloud uploads called Dead Flowers".

[b]Musicator Extraordinaire    Stay with us as long as you can as we welcome in 2016 Chordie-Style:
                                                   https://soundcloud.com/graham-windle/deadflowers

Bill and Dondra
(Picture)

E-mail Address: _______ ________

If, after seeing this, it somehow doesn't fit or seems "awkward" to any of you, please feel free to let me know, okay. It wasn't my intent to skirt any rules or regs, just to create a "party atmosphere" here at "home". Also feel free to add and subtract as you all see fit. smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Sounds like a god idea Bill Ive loads of Youtube stuff that hasnt been posted and some that hasnt been uploaded yet so  lets do it.

Sounds good Bill.  One big ole NYE party thread with links to various songs. 

I may pop in and out.  The hubby and I plan to play our guitars for a bit... who knows... maybe there will even be a new recording to share, or maybe not.  We shall see!  smile   There's a couple new cajóns in the house this week... maybe we can even get the kidlets in on the action.

Anyone know of a time zone I can choose to represent Australia which has 13? wink

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Anyone know of a time zone I can choose to represent Australia which has 13? wink

Thanks

Bill

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? … R1CHRaQzhE

Bill, I'm only seeing 3 time zones in Australia. We have one person in the eastern time zone; bushy243

There are however 4 representatives from New Zealand; beestie, Jandle, Peatle Jville, and easybeat.

Okay, what if we chose 12 midnight in Sydney on the 31st of December? What day time would it be there

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

16 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-12-29 07:29:26)

Okay, just in case I missed it 00:24. Here is a tune wishing you all a Happy New Year from Sydney, Autralia!

https://soundcloud.com/eatleville/new-year

Thanks, Pete. Now someone PLEASE tell me I was at least NEAR the time!!! LOL!!!!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Here Bill, if this website is correct - it'll give you the time (in your timezone) when everyone else hits the New Year across the world (ie: New Zealand, Thursday 6am est): http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/firstnewyear.html

mekidsmom wrote:

Here Bill, if this website is correct - it'll give you the time (in your timezone) when everyone else hits the New Year across the world (ie: New Zealand, Thursday 6am est): http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/firstnewyear.html

Amy that's a neat chart you found.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Dear Folks

We're back in the hospital and it looks like we will be over the New Year's Holiday, so I won't be able to make it for our on-line musical celebration. I'm sorry and I'll check back in as soon as I can.

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Dear Folks

We're back in the hospital and it looks like we will be over the New Year's Holiday, so I won't be able to make it for our on-line musical celebration. I'm sorry and I'll check back in as soon as I can.

Thanks

Bill

sad  So sorry to hear about this Bill!  We'll be thinking of you!!!!!

21 (edited by unclejoesband 2015-12-30 18:11:19)

If you two ever got a break I might be afraid the end of the world as we know it was upon us.

Hang in there.

So sorry to hear you are back in the hospital. Sending some good vibes your way and we all will be thinking of you.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

23 (edited by Peatle Jville 2015-12-31 05:18:59)

Bill our hearts are with you. It is just under 6 hours away from the start of 2016 down here in our part of the world. We  here will be thinking of you and Dondra and asking God to give you a better 2016.
Love
Maree and Pete

My thoughts and prayers are with you both. It is about time you guys had a break.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

25 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-12-31 10:54:51)

Dear Friends,

Dondra is still in the hospital and I came home to get some clothes and stuff. I just noticed that it is 20 minutes until 6am here, which means it's 20 minutes till New Zealand's New Year's. So I will be here in 20 minutes with a song for all of y'all. If I can, I will also be back at 8:00 am for Australia's New Year's.

We may get to come home later this afternoon. They have to run a CT scan to see what has happened this time. If we do get to come home, I'll sign on at 8pm my time (EST on the East Coast in the USA)

Thanks for the good wishes, as always. Back in 18 minutes for New Zealand.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass