Topic: NSD

New String Day..   Put new strings on my old Vantage acoustic,   first new set in 29 years,,  what a difference..  Cleaned it up real nice,,  like a new one....the closest I can get to a NGD,,   rofl...

Badeye     cool

one caper after another

Re: NSD

First set of strings in 29 years means you don't pound on that box hard enough.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Wow any rust on them?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Wow ... that's incredible mileage out of a set of strings. I'll bet you can really notice the difference ... you must be very pleased! I use the Elixir coated ones on the Acoustics, and still like to change them every 3 months for a nice bright sound.

This guitar was in storage for that time,   it was given to me last month, owner just didn't want it anymore.

I was in the right place at the right time...it plays real easy, straight neck, very good condition.. I used Dean

Markleys on it huge difference in sound, fit's nicely in my collection....

Badeye  cool

one caper after another

6 (edited by Tenement Funster 2016-01-29 11:00:27)

So satisfying to resurrect a forgotten treasure like you have there. That would be one of the Japanese-made instruments from the highly reputable Matsumoko factory in Japan, where Aria guitars were also made back in the day. You've got a real collector's piece there, as well as a very nice guitar!

Very happy for you, Badeye!