Topic: Wrong Chords

Hi.
I wonder if the songs are being checked out before releasesing them.
I think there is too many "bad apples in the basket", and I have to say that a great number of songs, has to be edited before you can use them!
I'm a guitar teacher, and many of my students are delivering material from CHORDIE. I think it's wery good you can find the lyrics, but if the chords are added, they must be nearly correct!

For one, check out "Big Weekend".

Best Wishes for the site
Jens K.Larsen

Re: Wrong Chords

Hi Jens

It is goo to know your students use this site however, Choride is not a site where the songs , lyrics and chords are actually fed into the site. Chordie is a search engine sort of program. It takes songs from sites already in use, i.e guitar.com, ogla thingy place ultimaeguitar.com etc.
People link the songs from stes like those to hear so there are bound to be mistakes.

A good thing though is if you feel a song is not correct you can go to the bottom of the page and correct it. Also you can click on a link that takes you to the original source from where chordie got the song from.

I have came across quiet a few songs that are wrong here but it is good to know you can amend tem and have them in your own songbook online here in chordie.
If you only went to another aite, I dont think you could amend songs or have an online songbook, so tell your students thy can fix the errors, or you tell them what they are doing wrong so they can amend the songs you think are wrong.

cheers

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I always wonder where these chords come from . I use Chordie quite a bit , and some of the pages are way off . Particularly the Beatle songs .

4 (edited by upyerkilt 2007-07-23 08:52:26)

yep,
you do get quite a few wrong chords here and there, but it is good to know you can change them so everyone can see the correct chords.
Bad thing is someone could change them so they are the wrong chords.

If someone has changed the chords incorrectly it is easy to change them again.
Down the bottom of the page where the song is, there is an option to revery back to original.
this will put the chords back to te same as what chordie first got them as. This is not to say they will be correct iether. It all depends on the website the song came from.

Another way to amend chords is to go to the original site where the song has been submitted to and tell the webmaster of that page. If he is a good webmaster he will amend the chords.

hope this helps and expalins things about wrong chords.

Ken

how do you get the pictures of the chords to print with the song...it used to do it automatically???

hi raestar and welcome.

Yes, the chord images automatically get printed at the end of the song.
It does mean sometimes you will have the song on one sheet and then the chords print out on another sheet. But if the song is small and it can print everything onto one sheet then it will.

Per ( the admin) had a feature where you looked at the song and it had the image of the chord rather than just the chord name above the lyrics where a chord change was to happen, but there was an error with this sometimes so he had to disable it.

but, yes, the chord images do print out

Ken

Looking up songs on the internet is relitivly new for me. I used to have to sit down with a recording of the song and figure it out on my own. (unless I went out and bought the music book). So if the song tabs or chords are not correct or partly wrong at least I have the words or some of the basics of the song. This at least makes it easier to figure out the song. Hey its free information. I am grateful for all this free service. I dont understand how some people can complain about omething like this. What do you expect for nothing

what a long strange trip it's been

need help stuck on tabs been playing not very long but need help. are there any easy way to it many thanks

thanks for you response Ken...but...I can no longer get the chord images to print at the end of the song...not sure why...I've got the same song printed out half a dozen times trying sad

sorry rae,
I now have no idea then.

Might need a response from Admin.
Give him as much info as possible and he will look into when he can, I am sure..

cheers

Ken

Maybe I am wrong, but however I have a lot of songs now, and only one song had some wrong chords, instead of a C it had to be a D chord. The more complicated songs, you can always transpose and THAT is really fantastic.
I have bought a lot of books, busker, 100 great songs and a lot more, very expensive, probably royalties? and I found more "wrong chords" in these books than I did on the internet.
I am playing just for fun, and it's not a shame to write that even playing pretty good, I still have to go a very long way. So, question to jklmusic: is it useful, being almost 52 years and playing for about 30 years, developing your own style to play, to start following guitar class?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]