Topic: The Rio Grande Scenic Railroad!!

I received a Colorado Travel Guide in the mail and was surprised to see a tour package including a rail trip in the mountains, along which travelers are serenaded on the trip (in the upper class offerings). Part way along the trip the train stops at an "outpost" on which a stage has been set up and named acoustic players entertain the guests who have temporarily departed the train and gather in front of the stage. This year Pure Prairie League the probably lesser known, though equally as talented, "Exile" are slated to play, "Exile" having an opening act yet to be determined. Have any of you Chordie people taken this trip? I'm researching access and accommodations for the wife and myself at this time.

Re: The Rio Grande Scenic Railroad!!

That sounds like a blast.

It sounds like fun,but last time I wanted too go somewhere by train it was expensive two or threetimes more so than a airline ride.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I haven't taken the trip, but it sounds like it would be a blast.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

It'd be great to hear Pure Prairie League again.  PPL was formed in Waverly, Ohio - closest town near me. (I have a Chillicothe address but actually live two miles closer to Waverly.) I was in some art classes with Craig Fuller (he started the band and wrote many of their best songs) at Ohio University back in "68 and '69 and worked with John Call (pedal steel) a couple years before he quit and joined the band.  I ran into John while we were both playing at a local showcase concert a few weeks back.  I hadn't talked to him in years and was surprised he even remembered me.  He's 70 years old and can still rock the house. 

I'd sure love to be on that train ride.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Nope, but man... that would be awesome!  Some seriously awesome music and I can only imagine how beautiful the scenery would be!  Visiting Colorado is on my bucket list!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

the title of your post enthralled me so i had to have a look....to be honest i thought it was the name of a band or a song title!

that rail trip sounds brill, must try it if i ever get to cross the pond.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.