1 (edited by beestie 2016-03-15 15:50:23)

Topic: it happens

I haven't posted for a while. This is just something I wrote after catching my wife with a friend. I haven't even started picking up the pieces yet and my feelings are still very raw so I hope you don't find my language too offensive.
Being thrown away like so much trash hurts. I'm not getting a huge amount of sleep at the moment.

You look into your lover's eyes and I'm no longer there
We lasted over twenty years, many happy a few with tears
Now I'm discarded, just in the way. There's no kind words for me today
We both stopped trying through the years, and now, for me, it ends in tears.
Your moving on but I'm still stuck, not that you really give a fig
In time I will move on for sure, now that you've finally shut the door

For now there's pain but it will go, wounds will heal and time will flow
but now I live from day to day, muddling on in my own way
I'll miss you for a while I guess as I try to clean up all this mess
I wish you well through all the pain, and hope that I will love again.

2 (edited by keepitreal 2016-03-16 00:14:44)

Re: it happens

Sorry to learn of your situation beestie, but as you say **it happens.  Must be tough after so many years. A very brave poem, be strong, and I wish you well.

Thick as two short planks

keepitreal wrote:

Sorry to learn of your situation beestie, but as you say **it happens.  Must be tough after so many years. A very brave poem, be strong, and I wish you well.

Ditto. stay strong for yourself!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi Beestie.

Sorry that I had to edit your poem. I'm sure we all sympathise with your position, but I'm afraid the wording is not acceptable. As has been pointed out there are younger people that frequent the site and we do not wish to give them a bad example.

Your poem is strong and heartfelt. I know you are angry, and rightly so. Please do not spoil things for yourself and others.

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Great Edit Phill
I think that improves the poem.
sometimes seeing the blood is enough
you don`t have to view the murder

The King Of Audio Torture

Lots of personal hurt behind your poem, Beestie ... get well soon!

Beestie .....  thinking of you ....... life takes some tough turns at times ..... i am glad you are writing about it though, i believe it helps..... hugs to you.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Boy does that bring back some memories. It was only 6 years for me but I too was kicked in the gut and I recall the pain. It doesn't go away quickly or quietly, but it does eventually fade. You begin to remember the good throw the bad out the door.

Hang in there.

Your words resonate with me of some hurt I went through in my distant past caused by a love affair gone wrong. I know you will get through this and find love again.

Was almost me this last year.  Great poem.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

It Happens, yes it does. Twenty three years and four children. Only later did I find out about all the girlfriends on the side. But hey, life does go on and you learn from it. I thought I should send him a thank you card because I just celebrated my twenty fifth with the most wonderful man who took on the responsibility of me and my children and they call him Dad. Not only took me on but has encouraged my writing and singing and any thing else I try. Keep writing, you've been through a lot. Let your experience work for you. Put it on paper and get it out. Beats counseling. (Well, maybe not but it helps tremendously) Great lyrics, keep going. It's amazing how many great hits came from just this kind of situation. Sad but true, kid you not.

big_smile  May God put his arm around your shoulders
      and his hand over your mouth. Think of what you're
      saying before you let those words come out.

Loved that poem, beestie. It pictures exactly what a lot of guys go through and I like the words, but now it's time for you to git back on that hoss, find yourself another cowgirl and ride off into the sunset with her. If you don't feel like it, then MAKE yourself get out. Even if it's just getting out into the sunshine for a while, or go grocery shopping. to the laundry-mat........ whatever. Just don't dwell on it so much it starts to become your way of life.

Some tough "brotherly love" from

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com