Topic: Editing and printing a page delineated songbook

Hello
Thanks for the great songs.
I put them into a songbook.
when I try to print, they run continuously from printed page to printed page.
How do I edit and print a songbook that has one song on one or two page? 
Thank you,
Aikido

Re: Editing and printing a page delineated songbook

Welcome to Chordie!

I think your post was moved here from another section because the answer to your particular question/problem  has been at least partially addressed somewhere in this "About Chordie" section.

You might want to read through a few topics and see if any of the earlier posts might contain the solution.  If not, then we will need a bit more information from you, such as the device you are using (mobile, tablet,PC, Mac, etc), Operating system & browser (including version), type and model printer (for possible software issues)...... and maybe one of our "techie gurus" can come up with an easy fix for you.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Hi Aikido,

I can see what you are asking. I do not think that during the debugging any of us even thought of printing out a whole songbook. I printed several individual songs and, as far as I know, there are no problems there but I can see that printing a whole book does not separate the songs.

I will report this to the powers that be and see if we can come up with a solution.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Aikido,

Try again now each song should now start of a fresh page. You will, of course, have to edit the songs individually to fit on one or two pages.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hey Roger
TERRIFIC.
I will get back to my project soon and let you know how it went.
A great, quick response.
I am impressed!
Thank you,
Bob
AND, thank you Doug.

Roger and Doug
Yes; the songbook has page breaks. You fixed it. Great!
Now, consider further, if you will, how you or a book maker like my self, can edit out extra lines that cause a spill over to another page. Also, consider a wider margin, so the printed pages can be inserted in a 3-ring binder.
I tried to edit songs a little bit; however, i need help. If I could edit each song (spacing and margin), it would print better. Wher can I learn how to edit?
What say?
Bob

WOW!
I think I screwed my book up.
I'll look again tomorrow.
Bob

Well Bob, I might have an answer for you on the editing to fit-the-page issue.  First off, I don't keep a songbook here on Chordie...... the tunes I want I print and store on my portable hard drive in .pdf file format.  With all the songs stored as individual pages, I can edit as needed, or move into another document such as a set list at a whim.

You would just choose "Print to File" in your printer options, and choose "multipage pdf", assign it a filename and folder, and hit print.  Your entire book would then be copied (printed) onto your drive and you will be able to view edit and change fonts, margins, line spacing, etc at will. The added option of choosing and printing individual songs with specific formating (like extra wide margins for punching) is easier as well.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug
Thanks for your help.
OK; I will move each song to my computer and edit there. correct?
I tried printing a song to file and i had no choice for pdf; it saved a prn print file.
what am I missing?
Bob

Aikido, our Admin is looking into your suggestions.  In the meantime Doug's idea isn't a bad solution!  If "print to file" isn't giving you a PDF option, you may have another choice.  When the print dialog box opens, look for the PRINTER itself.  You should see the name of your printer there, and a dropdown to change the printer.  You may have an option to choose "Microsoft Print to PDF" or "Foxit Phantom PDF printer" if you're using Mozilla Firefox.  These "virtual" printers will save your file directly as a PDF.  The downside to this however, is that not all software will create a PDF that you can actually edit.  Try it out though, and see what happens!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.