1 (edited by beamer 2016-03-16 21:26:02)

Topic: New Pick Ups on the way!

After a while of indecision, I am going to drop these bad boys in the HSS Squire Strat, (to be called BETTY henceforth). 

I went full "Bollocks out Brit" on this one.  I can not wait to get them and get them installed.  GFS makes great pick ups and not only will the  sound killer they also look killer too! Of course I will have teh out of phase option added smile

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1454967_10209303866092950_747251135427404467_n.jpg?oh=e60d97050ff97041d9cfddeda72e8373&oe=57937CA6

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: New Pick Ups on the way!

Looks like a solid combo, Beamer. I haven't got any first-hand experience with GFS pickups, but everything I've heard about them has been positive.

May the tone be with you!

3 (edited by beamer 2016-03-16 21:25:09)

I bought a hot  rails pick up from them for my sons V. it was pretty killer!  Can not wait to get these put in.
Thanks for the picture help!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

So... where's the update and sound file?  wink  Are they INSTALLED yet?

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Amy, i have not even got them in the mail yet! ill do a b4 and after sound file for sure.

http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_3266.gif

OK I lied, I was so excited I toted everything off to the shop ! but they are even prettier in person!  here is photobucket link, do your magic
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m321/beamer326/P_20160319_164049.jpg 
and I also finally got a music and mic stand also. (40 for both not bad!)
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m321/beamer326/P_20160319_185158.jpg

I have to say also, I ordered the humbucker and two singles, they also send me the FULL 3 pack of brighton rock singles. So basically I got the middle and neck position ones for FREE. gotta love a company like that. I have a full extra set of strat pick ups! to return or keep???? Ill keep, fins a cheap strat and build it! smile

*** Scott, you only needed to replace the URL in the square brackets at the start and finish with img to show the photos. Roger ***

Hey!  Build two, why they heck not!  smile  Jim saw your photos.  He just hasn't been on much to post.  Busy working and teaching at the hall with only one day off lately. 

As for your photos, Roger fixed it for you.  Going forward, this is how it should look:

[img]http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m321/beamer326/P_20160319_164049.jpg[/img] 

So, your photo url in between the img tag and /img tag with brackets and you're good to go!  smile  You got this, you're a smart cookie.  wink

GFS makes good pickups I purchased 3 hot Texas coils for my Strat build they really scream you should have some great tones with yours along with volume

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Amy, normally I dont have trouble, but it keeps telling me some URL error message, even after I remove them from inside the brackets, IDK  but It just got annoying the last two times.  (would be cool just to up load the pic like on auto geek forums or even FB, Hey now there is an up grade thats worth having)

beamer wrote:

I bought a hot  rails pick up from them for my sons V. it was pretty killer!  Can not wait to get these put in.
Thanks for the picture help!

I'm not much on guitar electronics, Beamer, but congratulations on making the change. I'd appreciate hearing a before and after kinda thing, just to get an idea.

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

That's IT SCOTT!  NOW YOU'VE DONE IT!  <---- that was in my fake angry voice

Jim just ordered pieces parts and will be totally rewiring a guitar very very soooooooooon

Awwwww, MKM ... you're gonna love it!

Just think of the all extra decibels, the complaining neighbors, the migraine headaches, and MKD dressing like a teen and getting a Mohawk haircut. You'll be falling in love all over again ... right? Get him a new T-shirt for Father's Day to further fuel the delusion:

https://image.spreadshirtmedia.com/image-server/v1/products/110939456/views/1,width=378,height=378,appearanceId=39,version=1457074264/Old-Guys-Rock.png

TF sorry i didnt get a recording of the before. but you can find my sound files on here.

AMY what did her order???? LOLOL I just gotta know!

Beamer, I liked the way your strat turned out sounding, so I figured I'd give it a go too. I went with the fat pat humbuckers, 10k neck , 14k bridge. also ordered a mod board with onboard tube distortion. a few other parts for cosmetics and reliability. when the parts all get here and I get a free afternoon I'll tear it all apart, put it all back together, set it up and give ya the rundown of it all.

heck man call me and we will skype it!