Topic: Pasting to Word

when I copy and paste to word the chords go down in line with the lyrics. How can I keep them on top

Re: Pasting to Word

You can use subscript and superscript alternating between lyrics and chords. Unfortunately there is a gap where the chords go in the middle of a word, so the word is done like a hyphened word without the hyphen. As a last result, I actually purchased LinkeSOFT's Songbook for $19 one time fee with free updates. It's no more flexible than Chordie's Songbook, but you don't have to access the site if you don't have an internet connection. You just copy the song you want from chordie, making sure you copy it in the Chordpro format, open a new file in SONGBOOK and paste. The formats match and you can customize the format somewhat to display the song you have the way you want it. It also has a live scroll option if you use an ipad for performances. Hope that helps.

Thanks I think I'll move on to another site. I make changes in lyrics and where the chords go. Its easier in word until the upgrade. Not well versed in change.

Sorry to hear that tipacanu. Have found chordae to be a nice social, informative, and easily accessed. The smaller group is working out the kinks from what I've seen so far, and it's slow going, but they seem to be headed in the right direction. It would be nice to see posts from other members, There seems to be a few every day first signing up, and I'm sure that most have something to say that would benefit all of us who struggle with music and try to make it one of the better parts of our lives. You come back when you get lonely for some music gab. K? KevinRK