Topic: Songbook Access

I have read the forum advice and this doesn't work.  Clicking on the My Songbook blue tab shows only a page that says My Songbook and no pull down selection or My Songbook(0) in the pull down.  I have five songbooks on chordae so I worked on these last night after entering through the link mekidsmom posted, www.chordie.com/songbook.php I believe.  Last night, after installing or updating java, after clearing my cookies and deleting my browsing history, this allowed me access.  Tonight, this is not working.  I keep getting the log in screen in My Songbook which then takes me to Forum, confirm.  I think there is a bigger problem than running the updated java and we shouldn't have to be deleting cookies.

Re: Songbook Access

OK, success with a different computer.  I will look into the differences.  Could it be a firewall?

I'm not sure about it being a firewall - although that's CERTAINLY possible.  If the problem is on a WORK or other network, they may very well have a firewall set up to block java from running scripts even if you install it and try to enable it on the computer itself. 

If it's at home, then this is probably more likely a setting with how your browser handles the cookies - or the Java - the browser on one computer may be set up to be more secure (my kids sign in to accounts with heavy parental controls -they'd never be able to utilize Chordie the way I can just because of the settings I have on their accounts and therefore the browsers they are using). 

If you'd like, I can help you figure out WHERE to look if I know what you're looking at!  wink   

Go to this website: Click here to send me your browser info about being unable to add songs to your songbook
In the NAME field please enter your registered CHORDIE username (ie: mine is mekidsmom) and enter your email address in the appropriate field. 

If you'd like to send the information for BOTH computers, that'd be fine!  You can enter your username in the name field and include something in parenthesis to differentiate each one. 

ie:  From the computer having problems with the site:  MikeA205(issues) 
      And from the one not having problems:  MikeA205(this_one_works)

Or... something else obvious.  LOL!

For more details - explanation of what/why I'm asking people to go to this website and provide me with their information, see my original descriptive post here: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic. … 04#p170704

OR - feel free to discuss it further right here with me, or click the link to send me a private email.  smile  I'll be more than happy to help however you're most comfortable!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thanks, I will take you up on the offer.  The problem is my computer at home, and it worked for on my office computer.

So, I went to artists tab, selected Eagles, and went to a song to view, noticed my songbooks at the add to songbook selection.  I can select and open my songbooks from here, where I add songs to my songbook.  I think somebody else may have mentioned this as well.

Ok, so you can get to the individual songbook when adding a song to it from a song page... BUT... cannot open up the main songbook page to choose to view different books or create a new book.  Yeah, send me the information about your browser on the home computer and I'll see if there's something that jumps out at me as a likely cause.  It sounds like an issue related to cookies and/or java.  Once I see what you're working with, then I can give you some ideas of what to look for and do next!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.