1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-04-05 11:11:58)

Topic: Dear Chordie Family

First of all, I know I need to write some e-mails and some comments (Pete, I have not forgotten you), but this is really the first opportunity I have had to sit down and write something at length, so please excuse my not writing sooner.

Roger,  "She Who Must Be Obeyed" wants me to thank you for the song and video featuring your Bella. We were both very moved while watching and listening to you sing. It was especially appropriate because about a week ago we lost our Bert (our 7 year old cat) due to feline diabetes. The disease "snuck up" on us and we believe we missed it because Dondra and I were so busy with trips back and forth to the doctor and the hospitals. Also, the animals feel stress the same way we do and all that pressure we were under couldn't have done Bert any good.

Anyway, we loved seeing your Bella frolicking in the fields and playing with her buddies. We know she's sick, so we wish the best for the both of you, my friend.

Dondra also wants to thank you for the phone call of a couple of days ago. Unfortunately it came at a time when she couldn't answer and she wants you to know to please call back anytime. (Check e-mail for the best time)

==========================================

Jim, I got your e-mail and we both thank you for thinking of us, Buddy. I can always count on you and the others in the family to check on us if it happens to be a while between posts. I love that you all do this, and if you'll continue reading below, those good thoughts and prayers are working for us, my friend! smile

=========================================

Finally some great news to share with all of you: Dondra is feeling much, much better after the pacemaker was reset (80 beats per minute at this time) and some of her meds have either been titrated down or eliminated altogether.

"How much better, Bill?!!", I can hear you asking. Well here we go:

1. She can get to her restroom by herself, so I don't have to worry about her falling

2. She is up doing a little housework (laundry, sweeping to name just 2)

3. She's cooking small meals for the both of us and here comes the best one of all:

4. She's driving short distances with me as the navigator and watching for other cars.

Not to worry, boys and girls: I'm always very close by and watching her intently just in case. Even though she says I don't have to, I still only sleep lightly at night and get up with her, but she does fine going to the restroom without her cane or walker and I am so proud of her.

Also, I know enough to not be lulled into a false sense of security and I am always mindful that she's had a stoke which is known as "evolving", so I make doubly sure she doesn't overdo.

=============================================

Isn't that great news, Chordians? And I credit all of you for taking us "under your wings" and showing us how much you care with your songs, your constant verbal support, your telephone calls, your thoughts and prayers and just your overall love and kindness. Neither of us has ever experienced such a wonderful thing from people whom we have never met and we know to always treasure what you have done and are doing for us.

We love all of you very much!

Bill and Dondra Craig

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Dear Chordie Family

Thanks so much for taking the time to update us, Bill. Our common love of music and musicians tends to erase the distance between us all, and we do indeed keep you in our thoughts and prayers. It just goes to show, that Mr. & Mrs. Musicator will not be kept down. I thought you both might enjoy this musical prescription:

http://peacetour.org/sites/default/files/Music-drug-quote-11.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA! smile smile smile

What a great way to express our feelings for each other and our music, TF, thanks SO much.

Looking at it a second time, I see it is printed on what looks like "parchment", which leads me to ask if this "notice" might appear in poster size?  If so, could you let me know where it may be obtained?  It would look great displayed in our music room.

You know, I'm one of those "what if" kinda guys and a couple of days ago I asked myself, "What if, we hadn't/didn't have our friends on Chordie to help us get through these tough times? What then?"

To answer y'all: My tendency toward self-pity may have led me back to the "drink" which I left about 8 years ago, so you see my friend, we have much to be grateful to all of you for, and there's many times when my thoughts lead me to my "family" and what they might be doing at any given time of day. smile

Thanks, my friend, for the e-mail and all you and the rest of the family have done for us.

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Hi Bill ...

I found it online at this site ... here's the link:

http://peacetour.org/sites/default/file … ote-11.jpg

It's a 1200 x 1200 sized file, so I would think it should print at a fairly high resolution for poster purposes, as long as there are no copyright issues.

What a great idea, by the way!

Hi Bill, so glad to hear Dondra is doing better, condolences for the cat. Best wishes to you both from the Welsh connection.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi Bill, Dondra. So pleased to learn that at last things are picking up for you. Lets keep it that way, don't overdo things. I don't know if a humble senior member is allowed to give orders to a Musicator Extraordinaire but get plenty of rest, and don't try to run before you can walk.

Thick as two short planks

So happy to hear the good news.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Very happy to hear that Dondra is doing so much better!  I do hope she continues her recovery, and you can continue to pester her for many years to come.  wink 

Sorry to hear about your cat, I'm sure that wasn't easy.  Don't blame yourselves though please... sometimes even if you do everything right, there's nothing that can be done.  Now, I didn't harass you with a bunch of emails while all this was going on, as I knew the rest of the family here was taking care of that.  However, I was just reading thorough some OLD emails you and I were sending back and forth.  You had mentioned wanting me to learn a particular song for ... well... for when things get to the point that you can't ask anymore.  You only mentioned it, and that you'd sent me an email that for some reason I didn't receive.  So... if you know what the heck that song was, it's been killing me for MONTHS!  LOL!  Let me know already huh?  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

It's great to see our Musicator Extraordinaire back on the forums. I'm pleased to hear Dondra is doing well and feeling better.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

It good to hear Dondra is doing well. Sorry to hear Burt Passed away. We have been thinking about you in our prayers. And many of us here in chordie land missed you while you were away, Great to have you back.

11 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-04-14 04:22:39)

I try my best not to stay away too long from you all, but my number one concern is my wife. This is also why you hear from me so sporadically, dear friends. I try to catch up when I can, write down some songs and stuff while I can, comment while I can, but then sometimes I just need to take a deep breath and ask my wife "Okay, Honey?", and let this go.

I am sorry that I never know when those times will be, but I can tell you that both Dondra and I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.

I do not mean to ignore you, and that is what is important for you to  know, okay? wink

We love our Chordie Family!

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

12 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-04-14 04:31:28)

"All My Life's A Circle", Amy.

I hope you can work it out. It would mean so much to me.

It is an old Harry Chapin tune and it fits your voice perfectly (for a girl or a guy), so please try, okay?

Thank you, dear friend

Bill

A link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW0vjZiu_rw

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

"All My Life's A Circle", Amy.

I hope you can work it out. It would mean so much to me.

It is an old Harry Chapin tune and it fits your voice perfectly (for a girl or a guy), so please try, okay?

Thank you, dear friend

Bill

A link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW0vjZiu_rw

I'll check it out and see what I can do, Bill.  No promises, but I WILL TRY!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.