Topic: Using an Ipad

Does anyone here use their IPad for live performances? If so, how do you turn the page? I thought I read something about a foot switch that would turn the page. I have only tried to use mine one time and having to move my right hand from the guitar to the iPad messed it all up.
Also, if you use it in a place that doesn't have wifi, how do you get it to work?

Re: Using an Ipad

Friend of mine uses it all the time with his act - one man band - He does have a foot controller that I believe he rigged up on his own. The songs scroll just like they would here in chordie, and he's got a piece of software similar to the one I've purchased the license for (LinkeSONGBOOK) which is a stand alone Chordpro editor that works about like this site.The nice thing about having it is that you store your own songs in memory so you don't need the net if it's not there. I haven't used the scrolling option which scrolls down your page like this site can do, set at the speed you wish. The license fee is $19, giving you lifetime free upgrades and is only a one-time fee. I personally use it to print out song and will be using binders, a music stand, and a stand light if necessary for performing. I don't mind turning pages song to song. And one can only play so many songs at one gig anyway. So if a library box contains a thousand song, you only need to put together a couple dozen for a night out. A couple spare books made up just in case, is about all I can ever me doing. After playing a few songs a few times, they do get pretty familiar and easier to play. I do know that the music performing industry is tending strongly toward ipad usage on all levels, from country/folk, to classical orchestral performing arts. I like the idea of the clip on LED lights on a stand, though. Won't have to grow a beard for distraction. LOL!

I just format all my music so it fits on a page.  Lots of shorthand.

4 (edited by topdown 2016-04-21 22:26:33)

I use one of these AirTurn PED pedals and it works marvelously - Bluetooth connection. turn it on a go. $70 on Amazon

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41M%2B299E-ZL._SX425_.jpg

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Thanks for the info guys. I like the air turn PED pedal. Will probably go with it.

Baldguitardude wrote:

I just format all my music so it fits on a page.  Lots of shorthand.