Topic: Interesting evening

I learned that one of the volleyball moms who was at our house yesterday evening is a musician. She apologized for being late to pick up her daughter by saying she was wrapped up in recording with a friend and lost track of time. Supposedly nothing was working on guitar so she switched to keyboards, and her friend who was playing percussion was having a hard time recovering from a stroke and couldn't find the beat.

I had no idea she was a musician! It turns out she had some Christian songs that were kind of a hit when she was a girl in the Phillipines. Some of the songs she wrote have been translated to Japanese and Spanish and are seeing a resurgance, so she's been approached to translate them to English. I told her I know someone who could help with bass and guitar and took her to my office. She was stoked!

I don't know if anything will come of it, but at least Zurfapaloozas have got a potential keyboardist.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Interesting evening

Sometimes good things just happen. Keep us "little People" in mind when you get "rich and famous".

nela

Zurf wrote:

Zurfapaloozas

Is there one in the making for this summer?

I think we better keep our eye's on you Zurf and make sure you are a gentleman.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

unclejoesband wrote:
Zurf wrote:

Zurfapaloozas

Is there one in the making for this summer?

I had hoped there would be a couple, but the broader family has imposed itself in a way that is likely to make planning an event difficult.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

dino48 wrote:

I think we better keep our eye's on you Zurf and make sure you are a gentleman.

What have I said that would make you think eyes being on me would encourage gentlemanly behavior?  I am not above "hold my beer..."