1 (edited by easybeat 2016-05-02 05:34:09)

Topic: Chordians help please

Gidday all
I wonder if you could do something for me.
I have a nephew whos going thru a really rough time.i`m trying musical
therapy on him.He`s a wonderful musician,but life has got on top of him
and he hasn`t made music for years.
I`ve talked him into putting a song on Soundcloud.
Could YOU please drop by & give him a listen maybe even a comment of encouragement.
At this time he could use it. Many thanks kind people.
Link on Next comment/Rogers

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: Chordians help please

This is it:

https://soundcloud.com/user-278846344

I really enjoyed listening to this song and he should definitely be encouraged to do more. I could not 'like' or pass comment on Soundcloud as I am not a member there.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thank you Roger
EB

Your nephew has an exceptional talent.

Excellent track and a great voice

Very nicely done!
I agree with all comments above !

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

That is some fantastic music and singing!  I think music therapy is a fantastic idea, and this guy can FEEL - music is so good for the soul and it shines through for sure.  I don't have a soundcloud account so I wasn't able to comment (I considered making one, but I've already got soundclick and it seems overkill to get another account just for putting music up). Words of encouragement:  Don't ever stop making music!  Music helps you feel, when you think you can't.  It helps your soul shine when it's feeling dull.  Music allows us to celebrate all the good and bad in the world in a way that nothing else can.  If you have music in you, then you need to let it out to be whole.  (well... that's how I feel personally).

Please, share with him this song:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERlN5tRREh0 It was written by another Chordian who doesn't come around too much anymore. This is not a great recording, was done some time ago and should be reworked for certain... but it's a good one for music therapy.  The chords are here:  http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12620  (I named it Above the Clouds).  JJ plays it a little different, and his instructions are in the thread.  I'm certain he would LOVE to hear if the song helped someone else, and would have no qualms with another person playing/recording it should your nephew choose to do so.  If he'd like to hear JJ's version, I THINK I may have a copy saved somewhere on my hard drive. 

Play Music... feel... then feel better... because bottling feelings up means you're not feeling. Feeling is good.  Numbness only works for so long. Let it out.  Let it go.  Move forward.  Life's too short to go through it numb.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Great song. Excellent recording, everything fits so well together. And as Amy said , the emotion stands out. The emotion is everything. Keep moving forward with music . It's good for you and for us. I'd surely like to hear more.

Joe

this may be the best post I have  heard  here on chordie , the kid is good

out of tune out of key and out of touch

He is good and I hope he feels better soon. I am not a memberso I could not post on soundcloud.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Comment left on SoundCloud, but I agree with all that has been written here and am now a follower! Thanks for favoring us with this great tune!

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

he has a very modern sound and if he pursued this line i believe he would go maybe to the top. GO FOR IT LANCE.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

This made what bit of hair I have left stand on end. You can feel the emotion, this guy is such a talent. Please don't waste it, hope to hear more from you soon.

Thick as two short planks

Many thanks for the support you lovely people.
I hope this will distract him from his troubles.
Yes it is excellent,but please don`t compare to usual chordie songs/perfomances.
As he spent an awful lot of time & money to get this song done.

Thank you for sharing Lance's magic. His time and money was well spent. He could go to the top as Phill said.