Topic: Iron Bird.

Iron Bird.        Phill Williams. 4th May 2016

Every one called to say goodbye.
But now I'm alone, still hours till I fly.
The dark of the night like a veil all around.
The silence so deep it screams out so loud.

The darkness now fades it escapes like a thief.
As the ball of the sun bless the world with it's heat.
Far in the distance a thunderous roar.
Iron bird comes to take us abroad.

To sit in the sky above clouds down below.
Where no bird can fly, where no grass can grow.
We seem to go slow yet our speed is so fast.
Not long to go till our journey is past.

We arrive from the rain to the warmth of the sun.
Where the sea and the sky are so blue, not like home.
Yes the drinks are so cold yet the company warm.
Enjoy while we can tomorrow we're home.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Iron Bird.

Good poem Phill

The King Of Audio Torture

easybeat wrote:

Good poem Phill

ditto

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Nice work, Phill ... to the journey!

Phill, really good ...................we all should  make the most of any holiday or break away, especially when the company is warm........they are over before you know it smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Jandle wrote:

Phill, really good ...................we all should  make the most of any holiday or break away, especially when the company is warm........they are over before you know it smile

You're right, but sometimes a week can seem like forever. Though the sun shined a lot of the time, there was a cold wind that spoilt it. Ann, the little lady, came home with a chest infection so I can't see us going to Majorca in April again. It was all inclusive, so the food and drinks were plentiful and made up a little for the weather. I still got sunburned.

Thanks EB, Dino and TF. Glad you liked my scribblings.

AH PHILL - THE LAST LINE IS THE BEST .....   MAJORCA - TIME GOES TOO FAST I'M SURE !
Always best when it's filled with children, or even grandchildren I think.
Vacations with just the wife are fine - very nice, but it's the kids to me that make them so memorable.

lastly, vacations are such a necessary part of life, and we all have ore special places we like ( or would like) to go.... but in the end.....  somehow it does always seem to feel real good to get back home.
Thanks for the poem Phill.... made me stop and reflect on many great memories.

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

makes me a little jealous that iron bird takes me to work, although we do plenty of sun and sand here

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Very well done, my friend, but I had a different idea being that I didn't suspect anything about your vacation.

In the beginning of your poem, I got the idea that the "Iron Bird" was taking our character someplace he really didn't want to go. (Afghanistan?). It wasn't until the ending that I realized that wasn't what the poem was all about. smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Wow.... Bill...
When I re-read this after you and Mojo commented....  I could read into this to be an air force pilot or serviceman on a mission....
that had never crossed my mind.

Mojo are you a pilot ? or in Air Force?

Jim
   P.S.

Phill - see what you started with your poem : )

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

12 (edited by Peatle Jville 2016-05-08 01:07:17)

In my younger days I spent many hours traveling around the world in Iorn Birds meeting interesting and not so interesting people.   It  was a great experience  travelling. Sometimes when its going good time would travel too fast. When things were not going good, when away, some how coming home always felt good. An excellent poem Phill.

TIGLJK wrote:

Wow.... Bill...
When I re-read this after you and Mojo commented....  I could read into this to be an air force pilot or serviceman on a mission....
that had never crossed my mind.

Mojo are you a pilot ? or in Air Force?

Jim
   P.S.

Phill - see what you started with your poem : )

TIGLJK no pilot was helicopter mechanic many moons ago now I work in the oil field. currently in the middle east not far from where the Euphrates and Tigris meet.

i've just read the poem again and i can see what you guys mean. it was meant as a holiday thing, but could so easily be going to war or (like my son in OZ) going to work. i'm so glad everyone has their own view on this and it has sparked conversation. thanks for all your great comments......mojo, keep your head down please, such a wonderful historic place to be yet so dangerous.

Phill Williams wrote:

i've just read the poem again and i can see what you guys mean. it was meant as a holiday thing, but could so easily be going to war or (like my son in OZ) going to work. i'm so glad everyone has their own view on this and it has sparked conversation. thanks for all your great comments......mojo, keep your head down please, such a wonderful historic place to be yet so dangerous.

thanks Phill, only have three weeks left here and move on to the next assignment, that was the disappointing thing about all my time here was I never was able to see any of the historical sites.  just down the road is what the locals call the city of adam, where the tigris and Euphrates meet claims to be the location of the garden of eden. because of security  we were never allowed off of the concession .