Topic: A Long Time Comin"

I have been trying to find chords for a song that appears on an old Eric Burdon album ........."Eric is here"...."Been a long time comin' "  or something very similar...anyone have any ideas?

Re: A Long Time Comin"

This? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Lc1wQYuMM

Checking YouTube there's songs by that name from numerous artists, but this is the one this 67 year old hippie knows.

Good luck and welcome to Chordie, maurguy

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

3 (edited by TIGLJK 2016-05-09 01:24:53)

Ok  - I found it - kind of...

go to this link.... it's on chordify

but the catch is there are two songs... You gotta get through Mr. Muggles to get to Eric's song.   It starts on a  G chord   click on it and it starts to play. Then you can see the chords.
Hope this helps
https://chordify.net/chords/alan-price- … mepictures

once you get there - scroll down a bit and there will be a G with a D under neath it ( it's in the third column)   
That's when Burdon Song starts... it shows the keys as he play s and sings it.   
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

4 (edited by maurguy 2016-05-10 02:34:15)

Thanks so much for the replies....The CSN song has a similar name - a great tune -   but not the Eric Burdon songt I was hunting for....I am on Chordie almost daily...they didn't have it...I actually did go to Chordiy  link..clicked on the G above the D and there it was ...kinda.   Took a while to get chords, lyrics all put together  but this has ended literally several years of occasional searching for this song... Thanks...much appreciated. From another 67 year old hippie....

maurguy,

If you're 67 too, you probably remember this quote: "There's no gravity. The world sucks!"  smile

All the best, welcome to the family and (as I tell all our new family members) teach us somethin'!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com