Topic: To Old To Die Young cover

I watched Django Unchained and I was really drawn to this song, I didn't know the name or the song or the artist but found out in the credits and searched YouTube for some version of it along with the lyrics i regret I do not own a Dobro that can be fretted (I'm looking for one) so I had to make due with my acoustic. The original file was  a MP4 which was over 750 MB so I had to cut it down to a wmv which loses picture quality and some sound but no matter I did embellish the original arrangement I felt "what the heck" may as well have some fun with it. hope ya enjoy it. smile
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0QvSTu … e=youtu.be

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: To Old To Die Young cover

Loved this, Russell ... absolutely loved it! Excellent adaption and arrangement.

Haven't heard much from you in the Forums recently ... trust all is well?

Very Cool . Really like everything you do Russell.

Joe

4 (edited by Russell_Harding 2016-05-10 14:21:10)

Tenement Funster wrote:

Loved this, Russell ... absolutely loved it! Excellent adaption and arrangement.

Haven't heard much from you in the Forums recently ... trust all is well?

TF Thank you! I enjoyed learning this and decided to put my own spin on it after listening to other covers only one drawback my finger tips are a little sore so I ordered some finger picks. lol  I am well thanks for asking, I stop by everyday to read other posts and check for spammers I have been busy with projects namely learning how to use my new mastering program (Ozone 7 advanced) and in a few weeks I am teaming up with an old friend who purchased a home and is in the process of building a recording studio/video taping with green screen we will be auditioning drummers so it looks like a great summer ahead. smile

Tyson7 wrote:

Very Cool . Really like everything you do Russell.

Joe

Hi Joe thanks for giving a listen and taking time to comment glad ya like what I am doing it is fun. smile

Checked it out this morning. Sounds great.

Baldguitardude wrote:

Checked it out this morning. Sounds great.

Thanks I may try it on a Spamjo  someday. I watched a video of Samantha Fish she played some slide blues on a oil can it sounded really great smile

Great Russell thanks for sharing. I think Graham is trying too sell some sort of steel guitar

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Outstanding!  I listened to it this morning and I've been singing all day as I did yard work,  just finally got back inside to comment.  I always enjoy your music.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

dino48 wrote:

Great Russell thanks for sharing. I think Graham is trying too sell some sort of steel guitar

Hi dino glad ya had time to give a listen, I will check it out if Graham has what I need smile

bluejeep wrote:

Outstanding!  I listened to it this morning and I've been singing all day as I did yard work,  just finally got back inside to comment.  I always enjoy your music.

wow nice to hear good things thanks and I had the same experience I couldn't get this song out of my head thanks for watching smile

Russell that is Excellent!!!

The King Of Audio Torture

You know, it's strange how sometimes "movie" songs can get "past" you until you hear another interpretation of them. So it was with your cover, Russell. Maybe it's just the gritty and intensive singing and playing, but you had my attention all the way through. A great performance, Sir. Comments left.

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

easybeat wrote:

Russell that is Excellent!!!

Thanks easy b for the nice words smile

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

You know, it's strange how sometimes "movie" songs can get "past" you until you hear another interpretation of them. So it was with your cover, Russell. Maybe it's just the gritty and intensive singing and playing, but you had my attention all the way through. A great performance, Sir. Comments left.

Thanks

Bill

Thank you Bill for leaving the comment and watching, this song sort of grabbed me at the beginning when I watched the movie love that slide feeling smile

Russell

That is way up at the top man!!
Quite a performance. I never saw the movie, but  you're rendition is  awesome.
You've got to put more performances out there buddy - you are very talented!!

Thanks for Sharing

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

Russell

That is way up at the top man!!
Quite a performance. I never saw the movie, but  you're rendition is  awesome.
You've got to put more performances out there buddy - you are very talented!!

Thanks for Sharing

Jim

Jim I have watched the movie 5 times (I have it on Netflix) and I enjoy it each time I like all of Tarantino's films for the realism I like to bring that to my performances and add my own take on it thanks for the review and kind words. smile

Hi Russ
Great cover...
I'm a Tarantino fan myself and seen most of his popular films.
Django Unchained being one of the best. With his films you have to expect the unexpected and of course bloody violence. smile
His scores for his films are always great.
Well done.

arkady wrote:

Hi Russ
Great cover...
I'm a Tarantino fan myself and seen most of his popular films.
Django Unchained being one of the best. With his films you have to expect the unexpected and of course bloody violence. smile
His scores for his films are always great.
Well done.

Thank you Ark, I am also a huge Tarantino fan "From Dusk till Dawn" had another great music selection (and the gore lol) also KIll Bill 1&2 smile

Russell, just watched your performance, awesome, talented, loved it smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Jandle wrote:

Russell, just watched your performance, awesome, talented, loved it smile

HI Jandle nice to hear you enjoyed my take on this thanks! smile

22 (edited by Russell_Harding 2016-05-26 16:40:14)

Well this kinda made not only my day but year Brother Dege stopped by my You Tube channel  and commented on my cover of his song VERY COOL!! smile

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13256062_10209579773029923_5159969469740164876_n.jpg?oh=ec2e5a340f77574b3245ec476d292b3d&oe=57D9D191

Russell

see we told you....   way at the top man !

That is the ultimate compliment getting that response from Bro Dege !

WAY TOO GO !!

Keep'em coming !!

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Jim "yeah it really shocked me" I have a song I finished writing yesterday and worked on it most of the afternoon Tuesday I am jamming with a drummer and bassist and we are recording and filming the jam hopefully this new song will kick butt (I am confident it will) no rush on a title yet the lyrics fit the music nicely it is in the Delta blues category very southern rock feel more later....