Topic: Effects for Les Paul direct to house PA

I am just starting to play more electric guitar after many years playing acoustic. So I don't know much about electric tone.

It seems to me I don't need a power amplifier when the house has a full sound system.  I do need to process the signal coming from my Les Paul before it goes to the house.  So effects.

I play mostly older country, folk, softer stuff, some blues and some jazz.  Some classic rock and some contemporary Christian.  So reverb,  and something to provide a smooth crunch, no extreme distortion.

I'm thinking of a multi-effecta pedal.  A friend has an older Digitech RP-9. And I hear good things about Boss and Line 6.

Thoughts?

Re: Effects for Les Paul direct to house PA

My vote will go for the Boss ME-80, or it's other family members. Most of the other brands have digital screens which require scrolling through, which is time consuming & awkward in a live setting. The Boss has very visible knobs for altering each effect, which can be done quickly and in low light. The foot switches are also larger and easy to use, and not those little buttons. And the effects are very high quality ... like having a bank of their individual stomp boxes right there.

http://www.premierguitar.com/ext/resources/images/content/2014_01/REV/ME-80-WEB.jpg