1 (edited by TIGLJK 2016-07-11 00:27:41)

Topic: Stand Up, Stand Up TIGLJK

I am so displeased with what America has become.
The media twists everything, people out of control acting like fools !
Americans have to stand up and be counted before this gets out of hand.

I WROTE THIS THIS MORNING AFTER READING SOME OF THE NEWS STORIES.
so sad - sad

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Stand Up, Stand Up TIGLJK

hey jim, powerful stuff. a very difficult subject to broach but you've done it superbly. we don't see half of what is happening over the pond, just as you don't see most of the goings on over here. as a song, you've created a fab punch line " another ugly slice of american pie". be careful, you'll get a reputation as one of those (50's & 60's) protest singers.

top work my friend

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Good stuff TIG, long ago  I lived  in a small town,  where there was  injustice, hatred, brutality and racial tension,  it seems like nothings changed and I'm having another piece of that pie all over again. I am so sad that people have not  changed or learned anything from those times.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

4 (edited by TIGLJK 2016-07-10 20:26:34)

Yes very sad
When I was 20 years old I was driving a very good friend Henry Boone home from a softball game Henry was about 6'4 and 280, and very Black. Not an easy guy to miss.  I was pulled over by Nassau county police of Long Island and they did not even care I was in car they made Henry get out and they searched him and under his seat. Never even asked me for my drivers license.  After they left I was profusely apologizing to Henry and he just put his fingers to his lips and said " Sshhh   It happens regularly in my life"
That was my first eye opening introduction to racial profiling.  I was stunned and have never forgotten that night!

So sadpeople can't just accept others unconditionally.  Thanks for the comment blue jeep

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Hey TIGLJK. Good song for the bad situation the US is in. Wish there was an easy fix, but all people have to change to fix it and there are quite a few stubborn people still out there on both sides of the issue who I doubt will budge any time soon.

I also, wanted to let you know I tweaked the chordpro format in a couple of spots just in case we get it working again.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

6 (edited by Peatle Jville 2016-07-11 06:33:56)

From a distance it seems like instead of the old love your neighbour it has gone to shoot your neighbour. Even in our country violence and murder is increasing. Life imitating art. With  the constant bombardment of violence onscreens  Television, Films, Video games I think it is  desensitises many a susceptable person. Things that would horrify us just ten years ago are comonplace now. There are alot of stressed out people who are snapping in this world. The so called civilised world has become increasingly uncivilised. Great words Jim. Time to put the United  back into the United States. Finding some sort of comon ground can be hard in this divided world. Maybe people need to compromise a bit more. Whatever happened to Give Peace A Chance?

I like it Jim we need songs like this to get heard  when you recordit I'll link it to my Face book page "songs of health and social security"

Here is a link to the song, I recorded it this a.m. real quick b/c I am leaving town for a couple of days.
Apologies for the playing and singing, but the message is important to me. Hope you like it.

https://soundcloud.com/tigljk/stand-up-stand-up-jk2016

The link  has  been shared

Tigljk ........... A great message and one that many people need to hear these days.  Another top one by you smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan