Topic: Man - Cave update

Instead of dredging up my moving thread, I thought I would just post a pic or two of how the man-cave/Studio is shaping up.
Ill get one of the TV part once we get our other 5 "decorations" up.  It will be all Hero and Villains, DC and Marvel.

before
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13726613_10210441979545075_7720140111196381136_n.jpg?oh=1ec08a4b43ce8d62c9b3f4424402b49f&oe=58222637
after
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13731589_10210441977905034_6913609587502486273_n.jpg?oh=76a1d79fe7733b893d19b62863ceb3ad&oe=57EA4F31

OUR TOYS MAY BE BETTER THAN WE ARE, BUT LOOK AT THE FUN WAITING FOR US !

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Man - Cave update

Nice ............. i would so love to have a big room like that for our musical stuff!  Looking good Beamer smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

AWESOME!  You and the boys are some lucky ducks!  smile  I'll admit, I'm jealous.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Man cave! That's bigger than my house.

Thick as two short planks

Thanks  guys.  As I said I need to take a clip of the TV side once we get the. last few posters up.  Will probably do a quick vid , its easier that way.  Opposite of where you see the drums is all boxes still! LOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

6 (edited by dino48 2016-07-23 00:30:37)

great looking man cave! you shoud not forget you are on the west coast and we do get a lot of earth quakes. might want too make sure your wall hangers are in good.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

7 (edited by Tenement Funster 2016-07-23 09:35:26)

Great studio in the making, Beamer ... nice work.

The guitars mounted on the walls with APEX holders is (IMHO) the best way to store them ... I've done the same thing here at. No way to accidentally kick those things over, like with a floor stand. By the height of the window sill, it looks like this basement room isn't far below ground. I hope you plan to install some form of moisture control (humidification / dehumidifier) to keep the humidity levels healthy for your instruments. That's the only drawback to a lower-level room, i.e., damp, cooler air settles downstairs in a house.

You folk will have many enjoyable hours there ... congratulations!

Looks great. After I built mine, I had no room for my guitars.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Beemer is your wife going too invade it armed with a ironing board etc.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

i am soooooo jealous, my cave is just 12 feet by 8 feet, by the time you take off the space for my desk, the cupboard that holds my CDs, keyboard and equipment it's only 5 feet wide...i repeat....i am sooooo jealous, and you can fit a TV in as well!!!! use it well my friend.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I think that is a  music condo not a man cave, just wait the ironing board will make its way in there and then other things will follow.

dino48 wrote:

I think that is a  music condo not a man cave, just wait the ironing board will make its way in there and then other things will follow.

OH no, but as I said you are only seeing 1/2 of the long side, the short L side is the TV/ vid game area with the sectional and lots of Marvel and DC posters and pick! smile oh and Ironing bd is in the master bed walk in closet but behind where I did the pic from is book shelves and a dresser we have no room for..She knows Ill fight general BS stuff just like my garages.
I came home from my last cruise to a garage with stuff piled in it.  that lasted a week. then ALL of it ended up on the corner for free or trash.

I can tell you're an electric guy.  No wood floors?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

NOT IN THIS HOUSE, THE OLD HOUSE WAS ALL WOOD EVERY WHERE
but that basement carpet wont last long and we will probably put down wood and lots of area rugs.

We are waiting for 2 more posters to get here and then Ill post a vid clip of everything.

We've got all wood floors upstairs and all porcelain tile downstairs.  Hard floors makes a difference, but all the walls are drywall and pretty dead sounding.  We used to have a wood paneled wall that was a nice thick heart of pine wood.  That made the sound pretty lively downstairs, but it was lost to a water event and carpenter ants.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude