Topic: El Dégas Guitar

Hi, I'm new to Chordie, and I'm just learning how to play guitar. I have a Washburn House of Blues edition Acoustic Guitar and I've been playing for about one and a half years. Our local music store has a deal for an El Dégas guitar with an amp. Its $139.99 CND +tax. The amp is Washburn battery operated and has a 9V D/C plug-in. Its been used, and im wondering if this is a good deal, I've played it and it sounds perfect through my ears. What do you think?

You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose!

Favorite quote:
"The price is wrong, bitch!" Said by Adam Sandler to Bob Barker in the movie Happy Gilmore (1996)

Re: El Dégas Guitar

Hi Mike

If you like the sound and the way it feels, go for it. Sounds like a good deal. You may want to upgrade the amp eventually, but the guitar sounds good.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

SGinCYQX wrote:

You may want to upgrade the amp eventually, but the guitar sounds good.

How long do you think a used amp would last for? Its only a small one..

You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose!

Favorite quote:
"The price is wrong, bitch!" Said by Adam Sandler to Bob Barker in the movie Happy Gilmore (1996)

Should last a long time, but you may decide you just want a better sounding amp

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

If you buy it, let me know and you can come down and help me warm up my new amp when I get it

-Jimi Hendrix.

Also, does the thing have a trem?

-Jimi Hendrix.