Topic: Guitar refurbishment

Hi I'm trying to restore a fairly battered cheap classical guitar does any body in the UK know where I can get a new rosette transfer. I know it would probably be better to get a new guitar but it was my very first guitar and I don't want to get rid of it.

Re: Guitar refurbishment

Stewart & Mac Donald. www.stewmac.com they sell world wide. Unless the rosette is all the way off or you know what your doing don't attempt to do it yourself. It also depends on how much money you have to spend to take it to a shop the repair may cost 1/2 the price of a faily decent new guitar. (I don't know the cost of classical guitars).

Good luck.

Bootlegger.
Bootlegger guitars.

Thanks Bootlegger, unfortunately they only provide inlays that need some intricate woodworking.I was looking for a transfer or decal.

That's why I mentioned about storing that one away and looking for a new one. (just not in these words)

Bootlegger.

This is tough subject for me as I have my Guild F-50 which I bought brand new over 30 years ago. This is the guitar I have put the most hours of playing on.  A whole got kicked through the body 10 years ago which I never got fixed and the structual damage has slowly taken its toll. The neck has now moved to the point that the action is in really bad shape. It also needs new frets.  I have had one luthier look at it and he said loosen the strings and stop all playing until it is repaired. He says it could cost upto $2,000.00 US and take upto a year to repair. I have ordered a new Martin which should be in by the end of the week. That was $4,000.00. I am torn on weather or not to repair the Guild, not to mention I will have to start a new saving in order to pay for it.

what a long strange trip it's been

if the guild is going to take a year to repair and you decide you want it repaired you could talk to the luthier about a payment plan while he works on it, since you just spent 4 grand

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix