Topic: Logging in

Just wondering if other Chordians have to log in every time you access this site,,,   I do,,  the old format one did not have to log in every day...curious is all...

Badeye    cool

one caper after another

Re: Logging in

Yup, same here.... it does keep you logged in if you navigate from within Chordie , like to follow a link and then return.  But if I close the browser I usually have to formally re-enter and it seems to be the same for just closing the tab as well.  Part of that may be my browser preferences and how I don't allow cookies to be stored between sessions.
  Now that Comcast is hitting us with data caps and additional charges for exceeding the limit (effective Nov. 1) I have been watching my total time on line in an effort to get a real idea of how much I actually am using.  Even the small package of data to refresh a page open in a tab can add up over time, and with streaming services, game-play and all the rest of the stuff that goes on around here, I think I'm running near the high end of my allowance anyway, which includes wireless phone service hitting my WiFi and those passersby bouncing off the wireless modem they made me upgrade to.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I'd say that's likely related to browser settings, as Doug mentioned.  When you log in, there should be an option to stay logged in.  That won't work though, if your browser refuses to save the cookies, or clears out the cookies when you exit.  This is most likely a browser setting, however it could also be something set up in your antivirus software as well. I'd start with checking browser settings, if you're interested in staying signed in.

Here's some info on how to edit settings in Firefox:  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/en … references
And chrome:  https://support.google.com/chrome/answe … &hl=en

Note:  you CAN keep your settings as they are and just set Chordie as an exception to the rules if you'd like to only stay logged in here wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I use both Internet Explorer and Chrome and I remain logged in between sessions, but I am sure that I accepted that both would remember my passwords.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Doug_Smith wrote:

Yup, same here.... it does keep you logged in if you navigate from within Chordie , like to follow a link and then return.  But if I close the browser I usually have to formally re-enter and it seems to be the same for just closing the tab as well.  Part of that may be my browser preferences and how I don't allow cookies to be stored between sessions.
  Now that Comcast is hitting us with data caps and additional charges for exceeding the limit (effective Nov. 1) I have been watching my total time on line in an effort to get a real idea of how much I actually am using.  Even the small package of data to refresh a page open in a tab can add up over time, and with streaming services, game-play and all the rest of the stuff that goes on around here, I think I'm running near the high end of my allowance anyway, which includes wireless phone service hitting my WiFi and those passersby bouncing off the wireless modem they made me upgrade to.

Doug I have Comcast also.they showed me on my last bill I was only using about 12 percent of max.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman