Topic: Moving house again

Since we came back to the Uk we seem to be constantly on the move .This time it's a short hop  up into the Yorkshire dales about a mile out of  Seattle ,much quieter location and more space so finally we can unpack the boxes,reckon we will be here about  2 yrs as that's about the time it will take to renovate an old Church hall we  are buying ,but that won't get underway now untill spring .However I expect to be with out internet for 2 weeks  at the end of the month  so  I'm not disappearing for long

Re: Moving house again

Rather you than me Grah, moving home is very traumatic I've only done it 5 times, and the last move has seen me in the same house for 36 years. I wish I was closer to lend a hand with the move. Good luck with it.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Renovating a church sounds like a big job.  Good for you.  I wish you well with it.  Good luck with your move(s).

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Good luck with the move!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

My partner and I spend a fair bit of time in and around the dales in summer. Hope to meet up with you sometime. Good luck with the move.

Thick as two short planks

Grah1 wrote:

Since we came back to the Uk we seem to be constantly on the move .This time it's a short hop  up into the Yorkshire dales about a mile out of  Seattle ,much quieter location and more space so finally we can unpack the boxes,reckon we will be here about  2 yrs as that's about the time it will take to renovate an old Church hall we  are buying ,but that won't get underway now untill spring .However I expect to be with out internet for 2 weeks  at the end of the month  so  I'm not disappearing for long

Sounds good graham I hope it all works out well we miss you here when you are gone.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Renovating an old church hall... this sounds like an interesting project!  If you're able to, please take pictures!  I'm not sure how interested everyone else would be, but I am.  You can always email me.  If you'd like to share that is.  smile  No doubt you'll be busy getting things moved in and internet set up.  We'll see ya when you get back!  Don't break the fine china!  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Like Amy said,  please do take pictures, I always enjoyed renovating and while I can't do it anymore it's still fun to see what others do. I know my wife would just love to see what you do with an old church hall.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

9 (edited by Grah1 2016-10-26 17:34:39)

This   is   the  place ,we  are  just  waiting  for  the  solicitor to  sort  out  a  minor  problem then we  can seal the  deal.

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14333117_1762740937276928_2932561689709148048_n.jpg?oh=48b98e856e2239f86756e3598443ad24&oe=588C4F69

But until its  all  sorted  and  converted  we  have  taken a  cottage  at Langcliffe  which  is  also  very  nice .

I've Passed several of these church conversions lately. It just goes to prove Lennon was right the Beatles are still more popular than Jesus.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.