Topic: sat and watched it rain second try words and chords this time to

https://soundcloud.com/mojo01/sat-and-watched-it-rain-2
ok heres another go at it. better , worse ?

G                                  D
sat and watched it rain today
G                                    D
like my mood blue and grey
A                                  G                                              D
I cant stop the rain no more than I can stop the shame

chorus
G                                          D
so I sat and watched it rain
I just sat and watched it rain
I jus sat and watched it rain

I had things I needed to say
your emotions got in the way
I cant stop the rain no more than I can stop the pain

chorus

I wanted to write a song for you
there was no music only the words came through
I cant stop the rain no more than I can light a flame

chorus

I hoped no one would see the tears
in the rain the disappear
I cant stop the rain no more than I can break these chains

chorus x2

out of tune out of key and out of touch

2 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-11-01 10:30:53)

Re: sat and watched it rain second try words and chords this time to

Mo', I left you some comments on the Cloud, my friend. I hope you will read them and take them to heart, because they are heartfelt. As far as the technical quality, I thought your voice came out stronger this time (maybe it was the chords you felt more comfortable with?) and the rest you're just gonna have to read about there and I hope you'll like what I wrote.

Your Bud,

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Mo', I left you some comments on the Cloud, my friend. I hope you will read them and take them to heart, because they are heartfelt. As far as the technical quality, I thought your voice came out stronger this time (maybe it was the chords you felt more comfortable with?) and the rest you're just gonna have to read about there and I hope you'll like what I wrote.

Your Bud,

Bill

bill thanks for the comments I really appreciate them. the  second go around was done with audacity so I was able to do the guitar on one track and the vocals on another so I was able to adjust the volume to get the voice a little stronger. i still don't like to hear myself singing.

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Nothing wrong with your voice mojo, you sound great. Not sure that I heard the first version, but I do like this very laid back easy to listen to song. Thanks for posting.

Thick as two short planks

I liked it a lot MOJO !
very expressive !
Captured the moment perfectly
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

mojo01 wrote:
Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Your Bud,

Bill

i still don't like to hear myself singing.

There's nuttin' wrong with your voice, Mojo ... quite good, actually. I think we all share that sentiment, though. Sometimes I wonder what singers like Bob Dylan, Neil Young, and Willie Nelson think about their own voices? Their contribution to music is massive, but let's face it ... they really can't sing very well.

Gidday Mojo
yeah i like this song a lot,i think version two best.
The feel & flow appeal to me.
May have a crack @ it myself.

The King Of Audio Torture

I agree with the above comments ........ this is the sort of song that should be heard .......... lyrics are great in this.  Nothing wrong with your voice, it is very easy to listen too and possibly your sounding a bit louder or clearer in this version because of audacity.  Hard to pick between the two versions, but  I do like the raw sound of the guitar on the other version better I think.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan