1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-11-05 14:36:16)

Topic: Reading "Between The Notes": A Life's View From Tommy Emmanuel

Hi everyone! Reposting with Roger's permission.....
============================================

A few nights ago, I was listening to some music from Tommy Emmanuel when I decided to look for more stuff.

I ran across a TED "talk" he did from Melbourne Australia where he speaks of his "One Man Band" and I wanted to share it with you. It is quite thought-provoking and takes about 19 minutes to watch, but in my opinion is well worth the listen as well as the watch.

My own assessment is "This man has got it right", and in what he said was the encouragement I needed not only to continue playing guitar, but for many things in life. Perhaps you, my friends, will agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENJuNCkPfx0

Thanks

Your Friend Always

Bill

PS: Quotes in Topic Line are my own.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Reading "Between The Notes": A Life's View From Tommy Emmanuel

Bill, very interesting video. Lots of good info for players to take to heart. The thing I like about music is that we can all have a different approach to how we want to play a certain song. Six people can play a song six different ways. It gives us six versions of the same song. It keeps things from getting boring. The thing we all need to bring to a song is passion. Makes no difference how good you are ,the passion will shine thru. It will also drive you to become better. Looks like Tommy has had the passion a long time.
Thanks for sharing.

Joe

I just want to say thanks for taking the time to listen and watch, Joe. Such a simple message from such a talented man. I liked especially what he said at the last and that he and the great Chet Atkins became pen pals. Can you imagine being in a "one on one" with your hero? And yes: passion is so important to all of us here and it's in every song we write and/or play. I did invite Tommy to drop in on us if and when he can. I think he'd like what he'll see here.

Thanks again for taking the time!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Bill I enjoyed  that  video thank you for sharing. Tommy when  being interviewed is always a interesting speaker. Of course his ability with the guitar is undeniable and his  own style and techniques out of this world.. Through people like Tommy and Mark Knopfler the brilliance of Chet Atkins guitar playing style lives on inspiring new generations.
A wonderful comment I heard Tommy made on the radio one day is " I wasn't a natural on guitar when I started all I did was kept at it until it became natural."

That was inspiring, thanks for sharing Strummberboy smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan