Topic: My latest purchase...

Good Morning,

I went to Guitar Center last night to practice with the keyboardist/drummer from my church band. MAN-O-MAN did we have a BLAST!!! He was on the electronic drums and I jacked in my guitar and ran the rhythm pickup for that jazzy sound and we JAMMED!!!

I realize now that improvization is all soul and what you feel.  I didn't have any songs planned or any rhythms in mind...I just let my mind relax and then my fingers relaxed and they just followed the sounds. Searching them out like a man in love following a path of rose petals to his lover's bedroom.

It was the most enlightening and beautiful experience that I've had playing the guitar. It was like letting out something that had been growing in me for so long that was just love and peaceful and awesome in every way.
At one point we even had a few people come over and watch/listen to us play.

I FELT LIKE A SUPERSTAR!!!

But, all good things must come to an end and after about 3 hours of jamming in the drum demo area, the staff came to move us along to another area. So we said thanks for letting us jam for as long as they did and we moved on to the Keyboard demo area and did it all over again with the keyboard and my guitar. Hehehehe...

I picked up this new guitar strap that has like an inch of padding on it.  It is soooooo comfortable, but it cost 31 dollars!!! The wife flipped about it but I think that it was worth it for the comfort of hauling a 12 pound guitar around on my neck.

Well, I hope everyone has a great day. Take care and keep on rockin!!!

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Re: My latest purchase...

Jammin for me is sort of like bodysurfing at the beach. Sometimes you just cant catch that wave, but then sometimes you catch that wave and you ride it all the way to the shore. When you catch the wave, when it clicks, what a feelin. Sounds to me like you caught the wave. Oh yea a good strap makes a big difference as far as comfort goes

what a long strange trip it's been

Yeah man. Last night reminded me of how I felt after a great skating run.
That feeling when every trick you do just lines up perfectly and there's no stops, trips or breaks in the flow.
When you are riding the ramp and you get to the top and lean into a bio360 and watch the world go topsy-turvy and then you feel the ramp back under your feet and you didn't even try to land it.

Ahhhhhh man, it's beautiful!!!! This is what living is all about!!!!

=]
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

4 (edited by Detman101 2007-07-26 16:59:04)

DOH!!! I forgot to talk about my actual latest purchase!!!
http://www.comfortstrapp.com/products.htm

The Comfort Strapp!!!

I bought the one for a Bass Guitar since my Silverburst weighs so much. Last night I practiced some Zakk Wylde riffs and for the first time, my back didn't wind up hurting and I didn't feel the burnign urge to sit down either. It's super comfortable.

http://www.comfortstrapp.com/img/bassGuitarV.jpg

=]
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle