Topic: Found site with 1000s of church songs

Can chordie adopt the whole catalog or would I have to request one at a time?
http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/chris … of-god.htm

Re: Found site with 1000s of church songs

Sorry this is not the way to get songs added. Please read the 'Sticky': http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4613

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Um, you don't answer my question and neither does the link you sent to me.  I am making chordie aware (by the way, I know full well that chordie does not have its own songs, I know that it is a search engine, I know that I have to find a song on another site and then tell chordie about it and request that chordie [insert proper verb here, I want to say host, or link to, or talk about or zip up, partner with, I dont know the verb, apparently host is wrong, so just insert the right verb for me please] a particular song. I know all that, yet, I am asking if chordie can connect with? [verb unknown to me, please insert for me]: a site with 1000s of songs, or must I request songs found on that site one at a time. Nothing in your sticky, whatever that is, touches on my specific question.

I did a quick perusing of the songs on that site and did not find any songs in chopro format (which is the preferred format for chordie). I think it is unlikely that admin will make the effort to include songs that are not formatted correctly.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I found just the opposite. All songs I searched were in classic chordie style chord pro.

Actually Topdown is correct. Every song that I looked at was simply typed with the chords above the lyrics. ChoPro is a particular way of writing which, when formatted, will leave leave a:the song title in a larger font and bold print and b:the chords above the lyrics will be coloured and also bold. None of these are apparent in the songs you linked to.

Sorry to disappoint you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hey Zen - it's the LAST part of that sticky that is the most important part, "However if you post songs on a site that does host songs (and they must be in Chopro format) you can have Chordie access it and it will appear here. Send the information of the song and it's location to: admin@chordie.com"

Thing is, the moderators do not have control over the rest of the website.  We only moderate the forums.  The site admin would need to determine if the song(s) could/should be added.  He then has to do a significant amount of work to actually add those songs.  He doesn't do this on a daily or weekly basis, so it may take a while before new songs are added to the index.  In the meantime, if you find songs you would like to suggest get added, please email the information to the website administrator and he will take it into consideration upon his next review.  smile  THANKS!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.