Topic: For My Friend Peatle!

I left comments on SoundCloud for you on your latest work. I won't repeat it here, since I am now able to post there (don't know what I did wrong before), but you were playing what I call "The Smoky Blues", my friend. I think you know what I mean by that, but take a look anyway. Love that gravel in your voice!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

2 (edited by Peatle Jville 2016-12-10 01:56:25)

Re: For My Friend Peatle!

Thank you Bill for your kind comments the song,  Sold Ya Soul, was writen by Easybeat. If I coulld play the piano better I would have taken it up a notch. The Blues, Gospel, and Soul is what I grew up singing at home. When I was younger I spent a lot of time in smoke filled Jazz an  Blues venues. When I was in my Mid Twenties living in Sydney, I sang with a small group of Jazz Blues musos who were all around the age of 60 and over. The Band leaders daughter  the only one near my age and I were good friends. She would also sing with them much better than I  could sing. I was  paid mostly with free booze and food and entry to clubs and bars they were paid with cash. My day time job use to suffer a lot due to my late nights out.

Re: For My Friend Peatle!

Wow! Thank you for sharing that about your past, my friend! I know it's been written and said many times before, but I can't think of anything better than it sounds like "You paid your dues".

It's a genuine honor to know you!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com