1 (edited by KevinRK 2016-12-31 23:35:42)

Topic: West Ridge Church Christmas Show

Spent some time over the holidays visiting kids and grandkids in Atlanta area. They took us to a church Christmas Eve service at a church that does their services on stage and accompanied by a band every week. The band is composed of church members and each musician ranges from the age of (guessing) from 17 to 30 years old. They are well practiced and perform like real pros with nice equipment and polished presentation. They did the Christmas show flawlessly which consisted of traditional Christmas carols done in a conservative modern styling which I've got to say rivaled anything I've ever seen or heard on, say, country music award shows and the like. They have a web site, though I'm not certain what it is. My daughter said I could Google "West Ridge Church, Dallas, GA and get there. They supposedly have live feed during their services on Sunday and videos of some of their performances on tap. It was a great experience and my wife and I had a wonderful time, both at their service, and, of course, spending the holidays with our extended family.

Re: West Ridge Church Christmas Show

Kevin

That was awesome !
One of my best friends has a similar church in a community just outside of Orlando that does a similar production.  Their church encourages  young people to participate in their music programs year around. His two sons did so - the church actually provides lessons through their youth group programs. His older son now plays lead guitar for Country star Linda Evans and his other son has his own touring band which is Christian themed.
Thank you so much for sharing this - it was very enjoyable.

on a side note - pretty long trip from Genoa to Atlanta ! smile
I also see by your avatar that you like soccer _ I played soccer in college, played briefly in the Old ASL soccer league, and have coached for over 30 years.

Have  a great New Year!

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: West Ridge Church Christmas Show

Elvis Presely started of his singing in church. I will attach a link here to the late Larry Norman  doing a song who wrote about those sort of things using rock and roll.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQfJoyrsccM