Topic: Adding songs

Hi james

Just a quick question.

Is there anyway you can add a song you have submitted on Chordie to your own personal songbook.

Have looked at FAQ but still not sure.

Thanks.
Regards

Ark

Re: Adding songs

Hi arkady - If I understand your question correctly, you want to move a Songwriting Forum song into your songbook?  It is possible, but it is only a work-around method rather than a direct path.

Here is how:
You will 'edit' the forum song into the body of a song that is already in your songbook.
1.  Pick a 'victim song' in your personal songbook, one that you can change into the Songwriting Forum song.
2.  Copy the forum song's lyrics and chords and title and subtitle.
3.  Go to your songbook and open the 'victim song' using the green 'edit' button at the end of it's listing.
4.  Now, in the editing pane (the upper one) just zap everything in the victim song EXCEPT it's {t:title} and {st:subtitle} lines.  If you delete these lines, the index will no longer recognize the page - so leave those lines intact and delete everything else.
5.  Now, just paste the forum song into the edit pane just below the victim song's title and subtitle.  Change the forum song's title and subtitle lines into 'comment' lines: {c:title} and {c:subtitle}.
6.  Hit the 'save' button between the panes.  The forum song is now in your songbook, however it is listed there under the title and subtitle of your selected victim song.
7.  You can return to your songbook now and open the forum song now using the regular method, transpose, print, etc.
8.  The forum songs should remain in your private songbook - don't publish that songbook, otherwise it would be the end of civilization as we know it!

Like I said, this method is just a work-around . . . but it yields a nice result.  Let me know it you have any problems.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

3 (edited by arkady 2007-07-29 14:18:56)

Re: Adding songs

Hi james

Thanks for your prompt detailed answer.
Its most appreciated.

Regards
Ark

PS Just tried it and it works fine.

Thanks again.