1 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2017-04-08 16:50:57)

Topic: Now it is official. I am retired

Yesterday was my last day at Frito Lay. I am retired. Handed in my card key and gas credit card. The job was too draining and I couldn`t wait until I was 62. First on the agenda is to restring all my acoustic guitars. It has got to the point that I just can`t reach for another one.  Then get some rest. Travel a little. Then find another job more age friendly. For now, I am still trying to get used to the fact that I don`t have to go in anymore. I signed off my route and cleaned out my truck. April 28th will officially be my last day. On April 29th (weather permitting), I am having a marshmallow toasting. Throwing all my work shirts in the firepit and burning them. The Genny will flow and the marshmallows will be plenty. The guitars will be playing. It is a distance but anyone is invited. I know it is far away but the invitation is open.   Oh. Special thanks to everyone here. You have been there through the best and worst of times. You have all been great.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Now it is official. I am retired

way to go, I am jealous. it gets a little harder every trip leaving home. all the best to you.

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Congrats JX3. When are you moving to Florida? By law, New Englanders are required to establish residence within 5 years of retirement. smile

In all seriousness, if you need a break, I've got a spare room and a full liquor cabinet - well not quite as full since chordiestock, but the booze store is close!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I'm so glad for you and also jealous at the same time.

You should take Topdown up on his offer. His house is comfortable.  The food in town is good and affordable.  And the beach is a short walk away.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

J3
in a few mths i`ll be doing the same.
still a few yrs from retirement,but i`ve been in business 42 yrs come Oct.
I`ve had enough, time for me now.Have had very little time off in these yrs.
So hoping to de stress,more music/tennis/gardening/chilling.

The King Of Audio Torture

Congratulations, Joey³ and welcome to the fold!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Congratulations ............ now a whole new phase in life begins and you get to do all that stuff you always wanted to smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Congratulations, JJJ ... I hope you have many happy and healthy retirement years to enjoy.

Welcome to retirement JJJ!  I retired in 2012 due to the fact that I worked hard and played even harder. Still have some adjustments to make now that I have limitations on what I am physically able to do. Enjoy yourself you earned it.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Congrats JJJ !!!  Here's wishing you well in your new endeavors.

I retired 5 years ago April 17th. Wish I had done it right after high school. smile

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Congrats on your retirement. I did years ago and have been busier than I could ever have imagined. Enjoy !