Re: COUNTRY MUSIC

Johnny Cash is much more fun to play if you turn the distortion and volume way up, and up the tempo just a smidge.  I don't think there is a song the man sings that can't be punked up just a bit.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Upyerkilt,

Don't worry about the different types of Country.  Country's country.  Any kind of music genre that can include Freddy Fender, Jimmy Buffett, and Taylor Swift can't be terribly well defined.  If it's based on a major pentatonic scale without TOO many flatted thirds and sevenths, then it's probably Country. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

hey reb, didnt feel left out, just a crack at the people in my town who wont or cant play a little country.  its funny because every muscian here plays the blues but refuses to play country.  didnt Hank say counry aint nothing but the white mans blues?

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Country is blues, except Country's version of the pentatonic scale doesn't include flatted thirds and sevenths.  Play a Country song using a minor scale, and you've got Blues.  Play Blues in a major scale, and you've got Country.  If you can tell me the difference between Honky Tonk Country and Boogie Woogie Blues aside from the number of Stars & Bars bumper stickers on the cars in the parking lot at the venue, then I'll surely owe you one 'cause I don't think there is one. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

selso wrote:

hey reb, didnt feel left out, just a crack at the people in my town who wont or cant play a little country.  its funny because every muscian here plays the blues but refuses to play country.  didnt Hank say counry aint nothing but the white mans blues?

Well you have to keep in mind that Hank learned to play from an old blues guitarists named Rufus Payne (hank called him Tee Tot). There wasn't a huge difference between the two, (they both came from the same place really...) except for the race of the singer. When early music began to be marketed black singers went under 'blues' and white singers went under 'hillbilly music' or something similar.

All You Need is Love smile

Hi Last rebel,
Ive just asked a question! Jerome was good enough to answer same!
And now i find this thread? I definitely need a home for the bewildered!!
Per Darling can you sent me "One Good Chordie Secretary" Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! This site is to much to handle now! With all the insignificent things like Working for my living! Social life! Not to mention My Sons complaints about not enough Home Baking now!
Oh and a gardener! As its coming near "That Trim back everything time once again.
Thank You Per,
Yours in Anticipation
Old Doll.

And "Thank You Jerome" You should have just redirected me here!

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

32 (edited by last_rebel 2007-08-27 23:03:37)

Old Doll wrote:

Hi Last rebel,
Ive just asked a question! Jerome was good enough to answer same!
And now i find this thread? I definitely need a home for the bewildered!!
Per Darling can you sent me "One Good Chordie Secretary" Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! This site is to much to handle now! With all the insignificent things like Working for my living! Social life! Not to mention My Sons complaints about not enough Home Baking now!
Oh and a gardener! As its coming near "That Trim back everything time once again.
Thank You Per,
Yours in Anticipation
Old Doll.

And "Thank You Jerome" You should have just redirected me here!

lol Well I hope you've found this thread helpful... If you ever have questions concerning country music im the one to ask.
Oh yeah i read you're comment about Willie Nelson... its funny because i watched on T.V. the show he did in Houston (or soemthing like that it was a local channel so im guessing beaumont or houston) and he was really really bad. Im not sure if its his age or if he'd just finished up some mary jane lol

All You Need is Love smile

Hi Last Rebel,
Very informative! So Thank You! Yes i will remember your C/W Knowledge!
Goodnight Now, Im off to shower and the Labba  [Bed].
Slán
Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !