Topic: Having Trouble Getting Online.......

......with some sights on my computer. This is the first site I have been able to get on. The others give me the blue screen which one sees when one wants to use the Windows Media Center. I don't believe it's a virus because if it were, I wouldn't be able to get on at all.

Does anyone have an idea what this might be? I have tried plugging and unplugging shutting all the way down, trying to disable media player, Restore..... everything except reinstalling WIndows 7.

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Having Trouble Getting Online.......

I'm wondering if it is the PC or something else in your network chain that is giving you fits.  Are you having the same issues with a different computer also (like a laptop).  For grins I would start by unplugging and reconnecting your Modem, then the Router, and then restart the PC and see if it might be a configuration mismatch from something like a momentary power bump that might have scrambled those connections.  I'd give each a couple of minutes to do a restart and then go to the next item.  Don't push any of the little "reset" buttons or it will reset any stored settings and might make things worse !!  wink

Let me know how it goes.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare